Chapter 8: Lightheaded Boy

ابدأ من البداية

 I closed my eyes and focused on 'it doesn't hurt, I've stepped on lego before'. I nodded. 

"Do you want to go home? We can tell our teacher." He added and I shook my head lightly. He nodded and sat beside me.

I probably would've fainted if they didn't help me, I'm just lucky to have a friend like him. He's literally all the traits you'd want in a man. Attractive, sweet, caring, protective, responsible and literally the cutest.

I blinked a couple times, adjusting my eyes with the brightness of the sun. 

Sir Jason made us stand in the field for the activity. Of course, it included running. It's always great when the circumstances goes in my favor. Just before it was my turn? Darkness enveloped me.

...

My eyes opened and it was met with a bright white light. 

I'm legitimately dead. 

But my eyes adjusted to the light. It was a bulb on the ceiling. I recognize the white room as the clinic. I looked around to see My friends beside me chatting. Athena noticed me and she smiled. They all greeted me and I smiled at them as I sat up.

"So I fainted." I said to them and rubbed my head.

Athena offered me pills and a cup of water. "Drink this so you don't faint again." She said. I did just that. "You should've let me take you to the clinic earlier, you're so stubborn." She scolded.

"Are you okay now?" Mika asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah, I guess, it was just too hot and my head is throbbing at the same time."

"Well, the nurse hypothesized you're lacking sleep." Cielo added. I shrugged. "You've been sleeping late?" He asked.

"I guess." I admitted quietly. 

He shook his head disapprovingly at me. We signed out of the clinic and I had to go home so I had my mom pick me up. She was so worried, too worried actually. But moms are moms.

...

While I was messing around some Instagram filters, our doorbell went off. I opened to see my friends.

"Hi! What are ya'll doing here?"

"Of course, being a good friend?" Mika said as she slipped past me, entering our house, the others eventually follow.

I set up a movie for us because we love them. We had to decide if we were gonna watch 'Pitch Perfect' for the hundredth time or 'Miss Congeniality'. We decided on the latter since we didn't get to finish it the last time we tried.

During the middle of the movie...

"So, what's with Hunter?" Wei asked me. 

My attention from the movie faltered as I faced Wei.

I furrowed my brows at her. "What about him?"

"He was really worried about you earlier. For me, seems like he actually care about you." Wei added, giving me a hint of what she actually meant.

My brows furrowed as Wei's words sunk into me. "Hmm, I wonder what he's into." I asked more to myself rather than them. 

I could've noticed Wei and Mika looking at each other weirdly, but I didn't. 

"Why? Don't you think it's possible he just really care about you a lot?" Mika suggested.

"...Nah, that can't be it. No one would just care about someone they just met."