17 | when in london

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
chapter seventeen
WHEN IN LONDON
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐chapter seventeenWHEN IN LONDON└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

───── ─────

THE WIND WHISTLES IN Lena's ears as she soars alongside Happy's jet, the frigid air cutting through her suit and making shivers erupt along her skin. Even with her new built-in heater, the icy breeze still blows through her clothing due to the high altitude. She tries not to focus on her body's trembling and instead concentrates on flying.

Energy shoots from her feet in a blue stream, rocketing from her boots. Lena had tweaked a few things in one of Tony's blueprints for her. She'd make her suit matte silver again, this time adding some streaks of light blue accents. Her wrist gauntlets are a shiny blue as well. Instead of merely making her blows more accurate, she'd added a feature to store energy within them. That way, she can use less effort and hit her targets quicker. The built-in shoes are a bit thicker and make it easier for her to steer as she's flying.

She finds herself grateful that she'd chosen the braid design for her platinum blonde wig. Instead of the strands blowing in her face as they usually do, Lena is able to see everything below her. As they get closer to the Tower Bridge in London, the clouds grow darker, thunder rumbling in the distance and lightning crackling across the sky. Lena flinches. Her instincts scream at her to get out of the open air, but her brain reminds her racing heart that the storm is fake.

Lena's mask — also silver with blue around the edges — has lenses over her eyes so the wind doesn't immediately dry them out. She squints through them and glances over at Peter, who's clinging to the exterior of the jet like the spider he is. He feels her stare and dares to lift a hand to give her a thumbs-up.

"Both hands on the plane, Peter!" she exclaims over the howling wind.

"Alright, comms check," Happy says through their earpieces. Lena presses a hand to hers to dig it further into her ear. "Can you all hear me?"

"Yeah, it's just a little loud out here!" Peter replies.

"I can hear you, Happy," Lena confirms.

Graham, who is still inside the jet and sitting in the passenger seat, answers, "I'm sitting right next to you."

Happy chooses to ignore this sarcastic remark. "I like your new suits."

Peter's design is similar to the one he'd had during Lena's first encounter with Spider-Man, only it's black in the places it used to be blue. She isn't sure what other features he'd added to it, but she can only assume that he'd had a blast picking out his add-ons. Lena had stuck to the practical stuff. Aside from her heater, she also made her suit waterproof. Knowing Peter, he probably added a candy dispenser or something.