Chapter 6: L'amour

Start from the beginning

   "Well... yeah," I said while looking off her.

   "Right, and as you easily can see my intentions, I can see yours too. I can even see them in your eyes, but the thing's that you're still holdin' back."

   "Where are you getting with this?" I asked kind of upset so she can put an end to her crap.

   "Ok, ok, guess I rambled enough. What I'm trying to say is that I heard you and Bonnie in the security office. I don't know what you guys were talking about, but you woke me up 'cause one of you fell down." She sounded upset in that last sentence. "And well, I couldn't hold my curiosity, so I wanted to take a peek to see what was going on and, indeed, it was happening: you were sat down next to him against the wall, cuddling, as you was cheering him up."

   Then I could tell there was a something seizing up my chest, which was holding my fluent breath at the same time.

   "You saw that?" I asked so we could avoid awkward silences.

   "Yes." She nodded.

   "… I dunno what to say," I stated with a blank mind.

   "Don't worry. No need to say anything. As I said, you know my intentions and I know yours."

   I scoffed under my breath. "You don't think that I—"

   "No, you need to tell me nothing, I'll just say that I'm going to help you."

   "Help me with what?"

   "You'll see," she said smiling.

   "Chica, you sound a little funny. Are you sure you're ok?"

   Chica laughed. "Of course I'm ok, Freddy! Why wouldn't I be?" she asked out loud with her toothy smile.

   I wondered about what she said, then about what I asked.

   "I'm sorry. the thing's that... there's something you didn't see before you saw us cuddling." I fumbled with my own fingers on the table.

   "What?" she asked eagerly.

   "Bonnie was the one who fell down and woke you up, but he didn't fall himself, it was my fault."

   "How so?" she asked more curious.

   "I jumped over him while he was sat in that chair and looking at the cameras. I didn't feel myself anymore, I just felt my body walked toward him, and there wasn't anything to do about it. I had this urge to 'kill', to kill whoever was in the office."

   Chica kept silent as if trying to put together all I said.

   "Bonnie told me that my eyes turned dark with white pupils, those empty eyes that nowadays no one had seen them."

   "Woah," Chica said without breath. "I never thought that could happen again, I... I thought it was just a myth. Thought we were the first ones who stepped this pizzeria. Freddy, you sure about this?"

   "'Course I am. It possessed my body and couldn't do anything about it. I went back to my sense when I was already all over Bonnie's body."

   "Well... I'm gonna ask Foxy 'bout it, we might as well find an answer to this problem."

   "Really? You think you know how to solve it?" I said looking at her hopefully.

   "Sure! Well, I know this is quite serious, and any of us can go through this any moment. And you're our boss, so we gotta carry on with all of your requests. Due to all the wounds Foxy got, he got to know his body, and... Well, I think he knows something about our bodies that might be helpful."

   "Thanks!" I said joyfully, "thank you, Chica! What a friend you are!"

   "You're welcome." She smiled triumphantly. "You know y'all can count with me for everything, so don't worry about that."

   "Thanks," I said calmer.

   "By the way," she added.

   "Uh-huh?"

   "In case you've been wondering, Bonnie got up approximately one hour ago and went to bed, he probably told you already though."

   "Oh, no, actually I woke up there and he wasn't with me anymore. Thought I was gonna find him there," I chuckled.

   "Yeah... Bonnie's veeery special, ain't he?" she said with that tone again.

   "Yeah, sooo special," I said in Chica's tone. Got back to my sense eventually. "I mean... he's a nice guy. He had learned a lot in these days. He got along with the children and I think he's got a great future forward."

   Chica giggled under her breath.

   "Well, better to get ready," she said while taking off the Christmas apron I bought to her.

   "But it's still very early."

   "There's a lot of work to do anyway," she said as she walked out.

   I don't understand why Chica was always hurrying up to work, 'cause it didn't even take her quite a while to get ready.

   I got kinda curious to check what Chica was cooking and adding to this new pizza she told me about, so I walked to the kitchen bar to have a better look of these fancy toppings. I could tell these were new ones, actually never seen before for me. Their aspect hinted me they tasted and smelled like butt, however, when I grabbed one to sniff close, I felt sort of... happy, even felt a little desire to hit the hay, lay down and have a relaxing time alone there. That is quite a delicious smell.

[🌼] ------------------- |•| ------------------- [🌼]