Of course, he had made a great recovery. He was able to have sex with a member of the imperial harem, and he was even quite full of vigor. Where was there any signs of being ill? But speaking of his headache, it made the two think back to what Imperial Concubine Yun had said. The Emperor had also had a headache while in Winter Moon Palace; however, he had completely forgotten about rolling around in pain from the headache.

“Master, is there something wrong?” Thought the hidden guard felt that the change in the Emperor was too great, there was nothing else to investigate. They could only view all of this as the Emperor having changed his mind and begun liking Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu. After all, the Emperor supporting a prince because he took a liking to a certain member of the imperial harem was extremely normal.

Xuan Tianming also had no desire to say too much, only ordering that person: “Keep a close eye on the Emperor. Also, pay a bit more attention to the people left behind in the palace by old eighth. Once they make any special movements, think of a way to leave the palace to go to the Yu Palace. It’s fine to tell either this prince or Princess Yu. Do you understand?”

The hidden guard nodded, “This subordinate will remember this. Master, please be at ease!”

Xuan Tianming did not say anything further, as he pulled Feng Yuheng along and hastily blended in with the darkness. The hidden guard also returned to his previous position.

Feng Yuheng knew that Xuan Tianming had people in the Imperial Palace, but she never knew that he had eyes staying at the Emperor’s side in the form of hidden guards. She had thought that the hidden guards at the Emperor’s side had been raised by himself and were only loyal to the emperor.

Xuan Tianming explained this to her: “The old many has eight hidden guards at his side. Of those, four of them are my people. Another two are seventh brother’s people. As for the remaining two, if my guess is correct, they should be old eighth’s subordinates.” As he said this, he could not help but shrug, “That’s why, look, what good is there in being the emperor? He himself feels like he’s living quite freely and very safely; however, without knowing, everyone is scheming with him in mind. Even his hidden guards had been divvied up.”

“But there are still so many people who want to be the emperor.” Feng Yuheng sighed, “In the end, seventh brother and sixth brother really are living freely.”

Xuan Tianming laughed, “That’s right! It’s just a pity that old sixth’s imperial concubine mother is completely unreconciled with the current state of affairs.”

The two brought Imperial Concubine Yun, who was in the space, and quickly left the palace, heading straight for the Chun Palace.

On this night, there were many inside the Imperial Palace who were unable to fall asleep. The members of the imperial harem knew that the situation in the inner palace was changing. It was no longer being claimed solely by Imperial Concubine Yun with a childless Empress. From this, Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu emerged. Just after being given her position back, she actually spent the night in Zhao He Hall, attending to the bedchamber. This was an honor that nobody had enjoyed in over 20 years. They thought and contemplated it, 20 years! However, they had never managed to think of a way to get the Emperor, nor were they able to gain enough favor to climb into the imperial bed. But Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu had done it, and it was based on her nearly having her son’s head chopped off…

The people were all thinking, sure enough, a ruler’s thoughts are hard to grasp. They had always thought that the old emperor favored Imperial Concubine Yun’s son; however, who knew that the eighth prince would make this comeback from such a difficult trial. This immediately made it clear whom the old emperor truly favored.

This was the equivalent of having old eighth die then revive. The old emperor had already given him everything that he could give. At this moment, there were smarter members of the imperial harem who had already thought that such a change might come in the palace. Starting from when Imperial Concubine Li had been given her position back, following to when her elder sister had also returned to that position, all of the Emperor’s graces had been given to those two sisters. As for the case of the northern part of the city, all of it was pushed onto the Zhu family’s young miss. It was such that the ones to repay for the lives of those in the northern part of the city were Peng Zhou’s Zhu family. But it was clear after thinking about it. The Emperor had made up his mind and wanted to protect the eighth prince, wanting to support this son.

There were some who thought even more about it. With all of these graces coming out, would a crown prince suddenly be appointed? That crown prince would definitely be the eighth prince. Then from this day forward, the winds in the palace would be clear. They would need to think carefully about which side they should choose.

The members of the imperial harem had their own thoughts. Inside Jing Ci Palace, the Empress also did not sleep this night, as she sat with Feng Zhaolian in a parlor and drank tea.

It was after the sixth pot of tea that Feng Zhaolian burped without any concern for appearances. He then helplessly looked at the Empress and said: “We’ve drank so much that there’s water in my throat. I’ve also been to the latrine twelve times. If you have something to say, just say it. If we continue like this, I’m going to begin suspecting that you’re using water torture on me…”