Chapter 20 [Last]

Start from the beginning

"Tum jealous na ho begum, tumhare liye bhi gift laya hun. But woh ab bachon ke samne toh nai de sakta na."

He had whispered getting closer to her with a wink.

"Dafa hojao."

She had smacked his arm making him laugh out loud.

"Chai logay ya coffee?"

"Chai. Tumhare haath ki chai buhat miss ki hai is pichle hafte. Isliye chai."

Minaal smiled and nodded.

"Laati hun, keep an eye on Zara. Will be back."

Aariz nodded and moved Zara in his lap and started playing with her. Her soft giggles were killing off all his travel and work tiredness. A whole long week was spent without his family in Islamabad doing work and boring business meetings, this was his safe haven, his peace, and his home. He loved being home.

--------------

Later that evening, Aariz read a bedtime story to Alizey in the hope of spending some more time with her. By the time Alizey fell asleep, it was Zara's turn and Aariz knew Minaal would be battling hard to put her to sleep. Just the imagination of Zara sheepishly acting that she was asleep in Minaal's arms and then opening her eyes in between and giggling at Minaal would make her sigh in an expression of tiredness. The imagination which he saw almost every night would never not make Aariz smile. When he entered in his room, he was met with the same situation. Minaal had dropped her face in her palms and Zara was playing lying on the bed. Seeing her father, she tried standing on the bed and walked to the corner wanting to be picked up by Aariz. So that's what Aariz did, holding her in his arms, he came and sat next to Minaal.

"Isey tum hi sulao ab, mein thak gai hun."

"So jaegi yaar. Itna stress kyun leti hu. Jab khel ke thakegi toh khudi sonay ajaegi."

"Tum aur usey free karo, itna tang karti hai sirf tumhari wajah se. You are spoiling her!"

"Toh kyun na karun, meri betiyan hain, meri jaan hain dono mein, inka pura haq banta hai."

"Phir mein tumhara business sambhalti hun, tum inhein aur mere cases ko sambhalo? Aise theek hai?"

Aariz shook his head and chuckled.

"Minaal, tum bilawaja itna stress le rai ho. itni choti bachi hai, tumhari zor zabardasti se control nahi hogi, agar woh nahi so rai toh na sulao na, khudi thak ke ajaegi."

Minaal just shook her head because he wasn't getting the point. Aariz held Zara in his arms and rested her on his chest and caressed her back. Minaal just stared at him trying to put her to sleep. Only after ten minutes, Zara was fast asleep giving Minaal a sigh of relief. Aariz put her inside her baby cot and held Minaal's hand.

"Tum aoe mere sath."

She didn't protest and followed him. He had taken her to the balcony. Their favourite spot.

"Tum ek minute yahan betho, mein aata hun."

"Ab kahan ja rae..."