Chapter 12

Faiz walked around the room helplessly hitting his hand on his head in frustration. Fourth day down and Usman and his men didn't free them, nor did they give any indication of where they had kept Minaal. His worry knew no bounds. On one side of the room, his mother was sat crying at the misery they were faced with, the other side was the bed where a once powerful but now a paralysed helpless vulnerable Shahnawaz was lying. He was cursing the time he let Minaal wait outside instead of keeping her with him when getting the luggage. One mistake and Usman was fed with a success in his plan.

The past four days passed like four decades and Faiz and his old parents still didn't know how long it was going to take them to find Minaal. Faiz hadn't contacted Aariz yet. One mistake Usman did do was that he forgot to confiscate Faiz's phone. So, he still had one form of contact to the outside world. He hadn't contacted the police yet because he didn't want to endanger Minaal in any way, but he hadn't contacted Aariz because in his mind Aariz was still in the UK. But with little to no hope, Faiz decided he would call Aariz today anyway. Who knows he might pick up and he might be in Pakistan already?

He was just reaching the pocket to get his phone when his hands stopped because he heard the door being unlocked so he moved his hands away quickly to not cause any suspicion to Usman who was now entering inside with the same villainous smirk of his.

"Kitne din lagaoge faisla karne mein Faiz miyan? Chaar din hogae hain, apni behen ki fikar hai ke nai?"

Faiz had shot him a deadly glare.

"Faisla meine usi din de diya tha. Meri behen ki hifazat khuda karega. Tujh jaise sirf darra hi sakte hain."

"Tum toh mujhe bilkul nahi jaantay ho phir."

"Usman usey chor do. Tumhe jo karna hai mere aur mere baap ke sath karlo. Magar usey chor do."

"Meri terms and conditions nahi badlin aur na mein bar bar repeat karunga. Khair shaed tumhara dimagh abhi bhi darust nai hua. Theek hai, sarro is kamre mein aur. Mein phir chakar lagaounga."

Pushing him to the side, Usman let out a sarcastic loud laugh and walked out of the room locking it again. Zahra who was just painfully watching this had now started sobbing.

"Meri bachi pata nai kis halat mein hogi. Tum uski baat maan lo. Baad ki baad mein deikhi jayegi."

"Ami please. Mein aisa kuch nahi kar raha. Hamari Minaal ko kuch nahi hoga. Sirf abhi is se jaan churanay ke liye mein apni behen ko iske sath bhejdun? Mein majboor hoon lekin beghairat nahi ke ankh band karke haar maan loon."

Zahra shook her head and cried even more. While Faiz saw from the room's window and Usman and his men had left. He took out the phone from his pocket and finally made the most important call.

------------------

He was restlessly walking around in his cabin fidgeting with his tie as Harris stared at him with worry. Since he had returned, he barely did any work but spent his entire day thinking and worrying about her. He wasn't able to contact her, and it was sinking his heart.

"Aariz, woh theek hogi. Kyun pareshan horae ho yaar."

"Woh theek nahi hai. Warna mere se koi contact toh karti. Usey pata tha meine Pakistan ana hai, Faiz ko bhi pata tha. Phir ek baar bhi usne nai pucha ke mein wapis anay se pehle us se milun. Kuch toh ghalat hai. mera dil keh raha hai woh pareshan hai."