Chapter 1

*Flashbacks in bold*

Shahnawaaz had left for his office while Zahra was concerned for Minaal. So as soon as her husband left, she made her way towards her daughter's room to check on her. With some reluctance she knocked the door and called her name.

"Minaal beta?"

She was there to console and support her child but even her own voice was vulnerable. Minaal didn't respond to the call from her mother instead she came at the door and unlocked it for her mother to enter. Sitting back on her bed with her pained and exhausted self, she waited for what her mother was there to say.

Zahra came inside and looked at her daughter with extreme pain in her eyes. Caressing her hair, she allowed Minaal to drop her head in her lap. Minaal shed some more tears while her mother gave her the silent support but perhaps words were needed here. Because the pain and heartbreak were not caused by some stranger but by her own father. And even if it was not the first time, the pain and noise of the shattering heart was the same.

"Mujhe maaf kardo. Mein tumhare liye kabhi kuch nahi kar payi. Hamesha woh yehi karte hain tumhare sath aur ghalat karte hain mein jaanti hun lekin mujhe khud per ziyada afsos hai key mein tumhare haq ke liye kabhi bol nahi saki."

"Woh ek hi dafa mein mera gala ghot ke mujhe maar kyun nahi dete? Aise kyun roz pal pal maar rahe hain mujhe? Meri zindagi mein kuch nahi hai. Sawae mere baap ke kiye gaye faislon key."

"Aise nahi kaho. Kaho toh mein tumhare bhai se kahun, shaed tumhare abba uski baat maan lein?"

"Rehne dein Amma. Bhai har baar hi meri sifarish karta hai magar kuch faeda nahi hota. Toh rehne dein. Mein university phone kardiya hai aur English kay course mein admission le liya hai. Law na sahi English hi sahi."

Zahra had closed her eyes in regret and hugged Minaal. There was so much she wanted to do for her child but there was so little she held to actually do it with. Kissing her forehead and praying for her happiness, Zahra allowed Minaal to rest in her room and left her alone for some time. Minaal closed her eyes and tried to get some sleep to get her mind off the collisions she had experienced throughout that day.

----------------

Aariz was celebrating his result with his parents in a simple manner at home. Wali and Safiya were incredibly proud of what their son has achieved. He had worked extremely hard to achieve this and they recognised his passion for business. Wali had offered Aariz to work with him in his office to get the needed experience but Aariz politely refused and instead said that he would apply for a normal job before investing in his own business with Harris. This way they would get the experience of working in the business world and it would get them enough time to think through about their own business.

"You are forward-looking with a clear direction and that is something not many people in your age have. Well done!"

Wali had patted his son with all the pride and love for him.

"Thank you, Baba. Please remember me in your prayers that I succeed in what I am embarking to do."

"All the prayers of parents are for their children and their happiness only. Make us proud!"

The love and affection shared in the Khan clan was nothing short of a blessing and bliss. So much unity, so much understanding, respect and love for each other. Aariz felt to be the luckiest son in this world for having the most supportive parents.