Chapter 18

Minaal had called William the next day to inform him about her decision and William had understood. She would get the same opportunities in Pakistan and she would be willingly taking them up because as much as her career was dear to her, so was her family, especially Aariz.

Safiya and Wali had gone to a friend's place and it was just Aariz and Minaal at home that evening. Grabbing the two cups of coffee he had just prepared, Aariz made his way to the living room where he found Minaal immersed in a Netflix series. He had smiled at her craze for web series and also the habit of watching them alone.

"This is the third one you are watching, you intend to finish all the Netflix content in a day?"

She looked at him and scowled at his comment and then turned back to the tv screen to continue watching.

"Madam, coffee toh le lein."

He had spoken again, this time raising the cup of the coffee to grab her attention. Another scowl set on her face, she turned to him again, but the smell of the coffee was not the one to ignore so she grabbed her cup and focused back on the tv as if she was going to miss out on the whole plot if she didn't switch back to the show.

"Story kia hai, Minaal? Should I watch too?"

This time there was no looking his way, just silence. Aariz's urge was even stronger to tease her some more.

"Kitne episodes hain?"

More silence. He was finding it hard not to laugh.

"Minaal, coffee thandi ho rai hai."

She looked his way this time with a deadly glare but remained silent. Aariz wanted to laugh out loud but he was enjoying this angry wife of his, that too just over a show.

"Acha chalo mein phir apni coffee andar le jata hun, tum show deikh rai hu, meri baat bhi nai sun rai, na show ke baray mein kuch bata rai ho, mein bhi phir apna kaam kar leta hun."

Making an innocent face, he glanced at her once more and got up to leave when Minaal held his arm and stopped him.

"Drama queen hi rehna bas. Betho, akhri episode tha, bas khatam hogaya."

Aariz sat down but a teasing smile was still playing on his lips.

"Coffee achi bani hai. Kaise hogai yeh ghalti aj?"

She had asked making him become defensive suddenly.

"Hello? Meri coffee achi hi hoti hai, woh alag baat hai kay tum is na-cheez ki banai hui coffee ki qadar nai karti."

"Deikha, phir drama!"

"Toh tum konsa realistic batein kar rai ho. Acha choro yeh sab, mujhe batao, jana kahan hai?"

"Kahan jana hai?"

"Holidays pe or honeymoon pe, actually haan, honeymoon pe kahan jana hai?"

"Sharam nahi ati?"

"Le? Ismein sharam wali konsi baat hai, mein apni biwi ke sath plan bana raha hun, girlfriend ke sath nahi."