Found Out

Ran's POV:

Moca and I went to a quiet place in the park. I was nervously waiting for her to speak. I don't know what she wants to talk about. Maybe she does recognize me.

"Ran, you're familiar." Moca stated.

I froze in place. She does know. She knows me. If she tells the others, I'm done for. I just want to start over. I really want to be normal. Is that too much to ask?

"So are you." I replied. I don't see any point in hiding. If she knows, she knows. Nothing I say or do will change that.

"You were there at the weird gathering thing last year, right?" Moca asked.

So that's where I know her from. For my 5th birthday I was taken to a little playdate type thing. I guess I must've spent time with Moca there.

I nodded, "Yeah..."

"So... what happened since then? How'd you get all the way over here?" Moca asked.

I gulped. How am I supposed to lie? What am I supposed to say? There's not much I could say that she'd believe. Maybe I should just admit the truth.

"I..." I couldn't find my voice, "I... I..."

"You've been lying to us this whole time, haven't you?" Moca questioned, though her tone was a lot lighter than I expected. She didn't seem very mad about it.

I don't think anything I do is going to change this. I've been caught. I guess I wasn't a very good liar. Everyone seems to be able to tell I'm lying.

"I..." I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

"Just tell me the truth." Moca requested.

"I... I can't..." I was trying desperately to hold back my tears.

"You can. There's no reason you should be afraid to tell me the truth." Moca pouted.

"I don't want people to know the truth..." I whispered.

"I'll keep it a secret then~" Moca promised.

"U-um... I... I'm an orphan..." I stammered quietly.

"How long?" Moca asked.

Oh yeah... technically I'm an orphan now just cause no one knows about my parents. She might've thought that I had parents when we first met.

"I was brought to the orphanage before I was a year old." I mumbled.

"Oh... why don't you want other people to know that?"

"I just... because of how long I was there for..."

"How'd you get in the woods?" Moca asked.

"The orphanage caught on fire... I managed to get out..." I started to fiddle with my hands.

"Oh... you're from that orphanage."

"You swear you won't tell anyone?" I asked.

"I promise~" Moca hummed.

"Moca... do you think my... my parents are still alive?" I hesitantly asked.

Moca shrugged, "I dunno. Maybe. Why do you care? Weren't you taken from them?"

Right. She doesn't know how I was found. Guess I better clear that up.

"I wasn't. I was found abandoned. No one knows where my parents are or who they are." I said.

"Well, unless they found anything suspicious around you, then I think they are alive. Maybe they just lost you? Or someone maybe stole you?" Moca offered.