Chapter 4: Who is That

Elsa Pov

"Another day here in Arendelle. Another day as Queen of Arendelle," I said to myself as I woke up tired from my sleep but ready to start the day as ruler for my people. To prove that I'm loyal to defend the people that I am sworn to protect to the very end. 

I raised my body from my bed and stood stretching in front of my room. Quiet as usual, I opened the windows of my balcony to get the fresh air and cool in the morning. Feeling the push of the wind and cold helps me relax to start the day. And it was a good one today.

Then it hit me. I remembered that today was another event with the people. Since the Great Thaw, I decided to give the people a chance to enjoy the summer at the castle which we kept to never close them again from the public ever again. So, I decided to have several skating events on the castle grounds during the summer to give a break from the heat. And we were going to have one today afternoon. It was going to spectacular especially when I put on a show of my powers to the max.

Yet even if a year and a half had passed since the Enteral Winter, I still wonder if I'm accepted here for Arendelle as the queen but only time will tell when I find my answer. But that is not the only thing I sought to find out about. The thing I experienced last night. And what the Moon was talking to me about. The nightmare I saw and the voice I heard. A voice calling out to me by someone like me but who, I don't know.

"Who was that I heard, could have been someone. But who?" I said to myself I wondered about who it might be. A mysterious voice but it felt different. Instead of a nightmare of its chills and fear, it felt soothing and warm. Comforting it was to me. But why?

I continued to think about it until I heard Kai, one of my trusted stewards of the castle knocked at my door.

"Good Morning Your Majesty."

"Good Morning Kai. I'm getting dressed right now but what do you need?"

"Oh, I just came to tell you that breakfast was being served and it should be ready in an hour. Do you want me to fetch Princess Anna?"

"No, it's fine. I'll fetch Anna. But can you prepare and sent out the announcements of the event today to the royal guard to announce to the kingdom?

"Of course Your Majesty. I'll have it ready to be sent out in an hour." 

"Thank you."

"Your Welcome."

After Kai left my front door, I stood up from my bed and head towards the bathroom to get cleaned before I head out. I pulled down my braid and let loose my hair which I took off my nightgown and stepped towards the shower. After I came out of the shower, I brushed my teeth and fixed my face with normal makeup that I would use always. There I fixed and put my hair towards my signature french braid that I loved always to have with my hair.

Once I was done with the bathroom, I went to my closet and chose my dress. There were many options but I stood with my same look as always. The ice dress I made at the ice castle always stood of who I am. Of how my power flows within me towards my fingertips. The powers of ice and snow under my command. I always thought about it as a curse but yet it can create many wonderful things as flawless as they could be. And besides, I always make unique designs with my dresses which always stand out perfectly. One final touch for my look, I added new patterns towards the crystals of the top layer including the cape. With an ice flower placed in my hair along with a couple of snowflakes for the french braid.

Once I got everything ready for the day, I opened my door and towards the stairs for the great hall. Once I got there, the food was prepared by the maids with Anna already there. Forgot about her but she was there ready to eat some chocolate waffles. Our favorite as always. Even Olaf was there. My two favorites. There Anna noticed me with a smile.