A Battle

"Hello, Red Ranger."

"Who are you?" Jayden questioned, his sword still aiming in a threatening position. Even though the man was out of reach of the blade.

"I am Decker." He said. "I have come for my dual." Jayden instantly knew this was the nighlock his father had battled.

"Why would I battle you? Rangers don't fight for the sake of fighting." He said, staring directly in the eyes of the man.

"You father said the exact same thing. You only fight to protect the innocent. So I'll give you the exact same answer." Decker said. "It's either you battle me here or the innocent will be harmed."

Your threatening to hurt random people? Then your not half human, your full nighlock!" Jayden said.

Deker turned into his nighlock for and took a blade out of a cloth. Jayden morphed into his suit. They raised they're blades. Afterm multiple swings, attacks, and blocks Deker hit

Jayden in the stomach and injured him. Jayden refused to show weakness and kept fighting.

Deker eventually took a step back and said,"I knew I was right to choose you. You truly are worthy to be my opponent. This was only a warmup. Meet me by the sea tomorrow." He turned into his human form.

"Remember disappoint by not showing up and there will be harm done to the innocent. And it will be your fault not mine."

With that the leaves surrounded him and he disappeared.

Jayden stares at the spot, wondering what he should do until a pain in his side struck him. He crouched over in pain. He forgot he had been hit. He began his walk back to the Shiba house.

As he entered he turned back into 'show no weakness' and stood up straight. "Jayden!" Antonio greeted. The rest of the Rangers stood up out of their seats to ask questions

. Before they could Jayden signaled Antonio and Ji into the other room. Antonio went with him and it was only after he closed the door that Jayden aloud the pain to get to him.

He held his side again but gave no other indications that he was hurt. "Woah, Jayden, are you injured?" Antonio asked worriedly.

"Only a little." He lied. Ji got up to grab the medical supplies as Jayden began telling them what happened. "We were right Deker is back." Jayden said while slightly wincing as Mentor patches his side. "Is that what he's called?" Antonio asked.

Ignoring his question Jayden continued,"He wants to battle me, just like he did with dad." Ji listened but said nothing. "You can't be serious." Antonio said. "How do we make sure actually dies this time?" "

"Well, I'm not totally sure what went down in the battle against you father but I know your father tried his hardest. Meaning, Jayden if you must fight him you have to make sure he isn't alive anymore. We can't have him coming back again." Jayden nodded. "I'll be in the training dojo." Mentor sighed but knew Jayden thought best while training.
————————————————————————
The Rangers heard Jayden coming towards the door. They were listening in threw the door but nothing made total sense yet.

They scrambled away and back to their seats. Jayden walked threw the door and eyed them suspiciously. He walked straight into the training room. Soon enough Antonio left the room and asked,"Umm, where's Jayden?"

"Training room." Mike replied, simply. Antonio knew where he was just not how to get there. Antonio nodded.

Mia noticed his slight confusion and offered to show him where it was. Antonio entered the room.

"Hey, Jay." He greeted. "I'm not totally sold on the idea of you battling this guy but do you want some help training?" Jayden nodded. Antonio grabbed a wooden spar sword form the holder.

"Do you think we should tell the team? I mean they should know why there leader may or may not come home injured. Or worse." Jayden asked.

"I think we should, they deserve to know. And I have no doubt in my mind you can win this battle." Antonio gave a reassuring smile.

"Thanks, Antonio." They continued training.  Antonio obviously doesn't spend as much time training as Jayden so he went back to the rest of the Rangers. Yet again, nobody trains as hard, as long, as diligently, as seriously as Jayden does.