Both princes and members of the imperial harem were crowded around the entrance to the hall to try and squeeze inside; however, none of the imperial guards allowed them in. The Empress angrily cursed at those palace servants: “This One is the Empress! Regardless of how His Majesty is, there is no logic behind hiding things from this One! To keep the mother of all under heaven out here while letting Imperial Concubine Shu inside to take care of him, what sort of logic is this? Who has ever heard of such logic?”

“That’s right! Even if we are not allowed in, Her Highness the Empress should be allowed in.” The one to speak was Imperial Concubine Li. Her voice was quiet but filled with doubts, “What exactly happened to His Majesty? Where are there people crying inside?”

Someone heard Imperial Concubine Li speak and could not help but chime in: “The one inside is your elder sister. How about Your Highness Imperial Concubine Li, you try and go in! What if Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu lets you in?”

Imperial Concubine Li was not a skilled talker and did not know how to argue with others; however, she was still able to get her point across. She fought back by saying: “What’s important is that the one to issue the order was not Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu. It was His Majesty!”

These words rendered the other party speechless, and nobody was able to muster anything for quite some time. The crying inside Zhao He Hall, however, was growing louder and louder, and they were bordering on becoming wails. They could even hear the eighth prince cry while shouting: “Father Emperor, son knows I was wrong! Father Emperor!”

The Empress was getting even more worried, and Feng Yuheng had even begun contemplating whether or not she should use her space to go inside. She said a few words to Xuan Tiange then headed toward Xuan Tianming’s side. When she arrived, Xuan Tianming guessed what she was thinking before she even had a chance to say a word. He simply waved his hand and said: “There’s no need to panic for now. As this prince sees it, the two inside are most likely putting on a performance!”

Xuan Tianhua also said: “As a survivor of a disaster, of course, he must express his true thoughts in front of Father Emperor!”

Just as they were speaking, an imperial physician finally came out from the hall with an exhausted look on his face. The Empress rushed to ask: “Speak! What exactly is going on inside?”

The imperial physician froze and saw that it was the Empress. He quickly saluted while saying: “Replying to Your Highness the Empress, it’s nothing much. It’s Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu and His Highness the eighth prince who have become rather emotional. It’s especially true for His Highness the eighth prince, as he is hugging His Majesty and crying to no end.”

When the imperial physician said this, everyone let out a sigh of relief. The eldest prince, Xuan Tianqi then followed up: “How is Father Emperor’s condition?”

The imperial physician said: “As this subject sees it, His Majesty’s illness is not a big problem. It’s just that anger consumed his heart, and he will return to normal within a few days.”

When the Empress heard this, the anger in her heart burned even brighter, as she stood at the door and angrily shouted inside: “His Majesty has not yet died! What are you crying for? Shut your mouths for this One! Otherwise, regardless of whether you’re an imperial concubine or a prince, you will be dealt with for the crime of cursing His Majesty!”

She did not see it, but when she said the words “cursing His Majesty,” Imperial Concubine Li suddenly shuddered inside the crowd. But she quickly regained her composure and calmly watched the Empress vent at the front. She also quietly let out a sigh of relief. Fortunately, the Emperor was fine. If something suddenly happened to the Emperor at a time like this, her Feng’er was not even in the capital. Would that not mean that there would not be the slightest bit of hope? When she thought of this, she immediately ordered Zuo’er: “After we get back, remind this One to send a letter to His Highness the sixth prince to have him immediately return to the capital.”