Basement of memories

Warning! this chapter contains Blood, delicate topics such as murder and cannibalism.

I mean... this is a Hazbin fic about Alastor, what were you expecting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A strong smell of old coagulated blood swept up from the darkness that was in front of you:

The basement

With the bit of light that reached from the faraway windows, you were able to see what you assumed was a switch, turning it on, it took a moment to the lights to turn on, the small random flickers weren't helping your courage...but after a deep breath, you entered.

The wooden stairs squeaked at every shift of your weight, every step took you closer to the bottom of the stairs, where, was the opening that was going to allow you to resolve the mystery.

You stopped. Taking another deep breath to calm yourself down, the now nauseating odor of blood was the only thing that kept you from running up the stairs, it sounds weird, but it shouldn't have been as comforting as it was.

You took the last step and turend the corner. Your eyes widened.

Dead animals were hanging from the ceiling, puddles of blood underneath them.

You felt vomit rising from the pit of your stomach, but those pancakes were too good to vomit so you focused on other details of the room, searching for the one that held your memories:
There was a metallic table, surprisingly clean since the rest of the basement had blood splattered everywhere, hanged behind it, shelves filled with tools.
You had never seen them before so the only thing you recognized were two knives, one bigger than the other.

Your gaze kept going back to the dangling beasts until you found out what they were:
Deers.

The sensation of vomit raised dangerously, you couldn't hold it anymore.
You kneeled in the corner next to the stairs, using the walls to hold your self up, but something way stronger than the vomit hit you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Darling, I told you not to go in there"
You could hear Alastor's voice from the top of the stairs, shit, he had caught you. But you weren't going down without a fight.

You picked yourself up from the corner you were about to vomit in, using the wall for balance.

" Why? Why did you not want me to come in here? And why are there dead deer's here?"
You took a few steps up to face Alastor who was leaning on the door frame, arms crossed.

"I-..." he stopped, his threatening look quickly transformed into a sad one "Didn't want you to find out like this..."
"Find out what Alastor!"
You were angry, what was he hiding from you?
"Do you not trust me?! Do you see me as another sinner who isn't worthy of your time?!"
Your half shouting made his ears go down. He looked away in shame and took a deep breath.

" One of the reasons I have been condemned to live in hell is because... I am a cannibal"

You almost tripped on your own feet.
Your best friend was a cannibal?

"I used to kill humans ... For the lust of it. But once, curiosity killed the cat and I got addicted... I barely ate anything else but human flesh at one point... So when I died... They judged me a sinner and made me half deer...so I could keep eating my similars in the afterlife."

Those five seconds of silence felt like five years.

"If you want to run away, I will not stop you...I knew that I never deserved a kind friend like you anyway... It was only a matter of time before you found out what abomination I was and still am...and left me"

He finally gathered the courage to look at your face, but your expression was the last one he expected:

There were tears in your eyes.

You ran up the stairs and threw yourself in his embrace and started crying:

"YOU IDIOT!"
you shouted, a mix of anger and sadness filled your voice.
"WHY WOULD YOU THINK I WOULD LEAVE?!"
The sobs made it difficult to talk
"YOU ARE TOO...IMPORTANT TO ME!... I WOULD... I WOULD..."

"Shhh... Calm down darling...what you said it's enough for me"
He hugged you back, his big figure protecting your small and defenceless one.

"... I would never leave you Alastor..."
You whispered as you kept crying, face buried deep into his chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This gives me Deja vù... doesn't it Y/N?"

He was back!
You didn't realise it...he must have arrived when you were having the weird flashback.

"I am afraid to tell you that I am a cannibal"
He started as you got up using the wall as support.

"You sneak in my basement without my consent" 
He's right! This was the same thing that happened...you... didn't really know when, but you know it did.

"I, find you kneeled in the same corner..."
You turned the corner of the stair, on the top, you could see Alastor's silhouette, in the same position as the memory.
"I known you remember that day so..."
He stood from the doorframe and opened his arms.

"Please Y/N... can the rest go the same way too?"

You ran up the stairs as fast as you ever did and embraced him tightly.
The tears were now pouring down your face, happy that he was there for you, happy that he cared for you:

Happy that you remembered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n:

I almost cried while writing the last part.

IMSORRYBUTIMASUCKERFORFLUFF

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter since lots of you had an expectation of what Y/n was going to find in the basement.

Also, I could experience some technical issues from now on, aka I don't know if I will have time to write.
With that said, I will need to change my schedule: I used to post a chapter every 4 to 5 days.
Since I don't know if I can continue that schedule, you will probably get a chapter out every Monday starting from this one.

BUUUUT you guys are here for the story, not me, so stay tuned for more~

-Gost UwU