Chapter One

Warnings: Some strong language

*****************

The file sat in front of a man. He stared down at the pictures within the file. One eye was covered by an eye patch and the other scanned the photos, memorising them before he told his greatest team about these so called 'myths'. The pictures were of four individuals which were captured on CCTV or from old photos from their families. These four individuals were on the Avenger's radar for being dangerous, especially if they fell into the hands of Hydra or HIVE. The individuals grouped together were known as the Elementals and seen as one of the most powerful groups to have ever walked the earth. They were said to be centuries old, stretching back to the ancient times, never to be seen in one place for too long making them the myth they are today and sadly for them this legend surrounding them had put them on the Avenger's radar and made them a target which needed to be eliminated. Fury sighed as he looked at the photos, almost as if he couldn't believe that these 'kids' were as powerful and dangerous as said to be. He couldn't believe that these normal looking kids had that amount of power when they looked like ordinary people who got an education and have a well paid job.

"Stark is going to love this." Fury mumbled to himself as he got out of his office chair and picked up the file. He gave one last look at the pictures before walking out of his office towards the meeting room to where the Avengers would be waiting and most likely arguing.

Nearing the room Fury instantly heard the arguments between Steve and Tony. A scoff fell upon his lips as he stood outside the room, waiting for a few seconds before gathering the energy to walk into the room of huge children. Whilst entering the room the noise came to a standstill, all conversations or arguments went to an immediate stop as the group of people saw the look on Fury's face, urgency and seriousness. He placed the file on the table and pushed it towards the middle, allowing the group to look at the file during the meeting. As per usual the first person to grab the file was Steve, wanting to know what they were about to go up against and why they were going on the mission. It only took the super soldier a few seconds before he looked up at Fury with confusion written all on his face.

"I thought these guys didn't exist?" He was beyond confused as to why these myths were the cause of the mission.

"That's what we all thought but as we have discovered everything we believed to be a myth is true and these people are living amongst us." Fury looked around the group, his eyes taking in people's confused faces.

"Wait who are we even talking about?" Clint asked as he raised an eyebrow, snatching the folder off Steve to have a look. "Who are these guys anyway?"

Steve glanced over at Fury before taking it upon himself to explain.

"They're called the Elementals. This group of people are seen to be the strongest group of people to ever walked the earth and are believed to be centuries old yet by looking at the photos that does not seem to be the case."