Chapter Eight

Eleanor ran on to the jet, spinning around as she looked around it in awe

Eleanor ran on to the jet, spinning around as she looked around it in awe. Her eyes drifted to the cockpit where she saw Clint pressing buttons on screens. A squeal left her lips when she saw a draw with her name on. She pulled the draw out and saw the contents. She grabbed a gun and held it in her hands, seeing her name engraved on the handle and the flame designs on the barrel. She saw a sword in the draw and daggers next to it. Putting down the gun Eleanor grabbed the sword, pulling it out of the sleeve and looking at the handle. Her eyes twinkled as she looked at the hilt to see a phoenix and then down the blade, to see the feathers designed as flames running down the blade.

"What you got there Sparky?" Annabelle asked as she walked on to the jet.

"My weapons!" Eleanor exclaimed as she spun round to show Annabelle, who jumped back.

"Maz watch where you wave that thing," Annabelle warned before going to take hold of the blade. As soon as she touched the hilt she dropped it hissing in pain. "God did you heat that up on purpose?"

Eleanor tilted her head as she picked the sword back up, "I did no such thing!"

Tony walked on to the jet, smiling as he saw Eleanor holding her weapons and then Annabelle healing her hand. "Ah I see that you discovered what happens if anyone touches your weapons. I cannot have anyone grabbing hold of the Elemental weapons so I designed them that only you guys can hold your own weapons," He explained as he walked towards the cockpit to see Clint.

"Why did you do that?" Annabelle asked in shock.

"You guys needed some sort of weapon," Tony shrugged. "You can't keep relying on your powers but each weapon channels the power so Eleanor's sword will light up in flames and your weapons will channel your powers."

Annabelle sat down in shock as she looked up at Eleanor who held an excited look on her face as she strapped the sword on to her waist and her guns in their holsters. Annabelle watched as Eleanor gave Tony a hug before sitting down next to Sam, talking about the mission. She was taken out of her stare when she heard Natasha sit next to her and Jack on the other side. She instantly leaned on Jack and waved to Natasha who awed at the two.

"How are you guys feeling for the mission?" Natasha asked as she looked at the couple.

Jack shrugged. "I think Eleanor and Charlie are excited."

"Till they realise how much hard work this mission is going to be," Steve said as he sat down opposite the trio.

"Well I for one am nervous and also want to get this mission finished so I can go to bed," Annabelle said as she yawned, curling into Jack.