Warmth

Sequel to "Coldness"

Disclaimer: Mature Content (Near The End) 

"You've got to be fucking with me!"

"Taehyung, calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down, Minho-hyung! That bastard Jisung got let off and only has to do 100 hours of community service! What the fuck? Did the cops not see what he did to Namjoon-hyung? They must all be blind!"

Minho sighed, running his fingers through his hair as he tried to calm his friend down. "Tae, don't forget Namjoon issued a restraining order against him," he reasoned.

"But still..."

Taehyung was still beyond furious at the unfair justice system. He had read plenty of news articles about people getting hurt or even killed by their former partners after separation, and that terrified him. Although his fears were somewhat irrational, he remained cautious about Namjoon's wellbeing. The scene of the older male crying and bleeding on the floor had yet to leave Taehyung's mind for good; he'd often lose sleep over it.

"Tae, your phone's ringing," Minho stated.

Snapping out of his thoughts, Taehyung reached for his phone only to find it was Namjoon who was calling. His mood immediately brightened up as he answered.

"Hello? Are you okay, hyung? Do you need anything?"

"Tae, could you maybe... stop by the convenience store before you come home?" Namjoon's voice sounded rather coarse as he spoke.

"Of course, hyung. I'm on my way home anyway!"

"Tae, you're leaving already-"

Taehyung hushed Minho before the latter could say another word. "As I was saying, do you want anything in particular, hyung? Chips? Ramen?"

"A-anything's fine."

"Alright, hyung. I'll be home in a bit, just wait a little longer. Bye!"

"Bye."

With that, Taehyung rushed out of Mino's house and set his GPS for the closest convenience store. A warm, giddy feeling arose in his chest as he placed his seatbelt on. If there was one good thing that came out of the ordeal, it would be the fact that Namjoon agreed to live with him for the meanwhile. Taehyung felt guilty for finding a positive side to such a terrible event, but he couldn't help his thoughts. Namjoon was finally by his side again, finally relying on him again. It felt as if his dream had come true; he would able to see his crush's face every morning when he woke up and every night before he slept. Why was the universe being so kind to him?

---

"Namjoon-hyung! I'm home!" Taehyung announced excitedly as he kicked off his shoes.

Once he spotted his precious hyung asleep peacefully on the couch, coiled in a thick blanket, his heart melted. Carefully, Taehyung tiptoed to the kitchen counter and placed down a giant plastic bag filled to the brim with snacks, noodles, and desserts.

A month had passed since the incident and he was glad to see the elder gradually getting better. Namjoon was still uncomfortable around large crowds and refused to go outside most of the time, but he was at least able to hold conversations. When he first woke up in the hospital, he was terrified and could barely tell the police what had happened. He stuttered, choked on his words, and ended up in tears. After that, Taehyung tended for him constantly, not daring to leave him by himself.

Namjoon would often ask Taehyung if he was a burden in any way. The younger would always say no, but that did not dispel all his doubts. He was persistent in making his presence as unnoticeable as possible and not doing anything to annoy his friend. He didn't want anyone angry at him. Even though Namjoon knew Taehyung would never do what Jisung did, his body was still used to submitting and pleasing.