As soon as I could talk, I'd always been obsessed with learning about the stars. Like how they knew who to match with each other and how they knew it would last. I remembered daydreaming about meeting my one true match and loving him until I died.

I truly never doubted the stars. My parents and all of my friend's parent's exemplified the perfect union. Everywhere I went, there was harmony and balance between couples. What was there to doubt? It seemed like life had so much to offer.

I was so naive back then, I really thought I'd have my happily ever after.

"Char, are you alive up there? School starts soon and the roads are busy today!" Dad yelled and I groaned. Would anyone care if I just didn't go to class? "I don't hear any movement!"

"I'm getting up!" I rolled around in my bed and forced myself to my feet. I had to go to school, just to see Sky and Kingston and maybe Noah again. I had to make things right before I left.

My last day of school was just like any other day. I doodled during lectures and only participated when called on.

Noah was working the student council bake sale right before lunch and I decided to give him a little visit. The table was crowded with kids trying to buy snacks with their lunch money.

"Hey, Noah. I haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah, I've been really busy lately," he gestured to the mob infront of him.

"I never got to congratulate you on taking over for Kingston as class pres. I heard you were the reason we could afford a nicer place for prom this year."

"Not really, I just got the ball rolling. The rest of the money we raised together." That was one thing I admired about Noah, he got things done, while Kingston was all talk. "That reminds me, why didn't you go to prom with us?"

"I felt sick. Like, I threw up."

"Char, you going to buy anything or just stand there?" Patricia asked as she handled some money.

"I would but I'm broke."

"Here, take a cookie," Noah handed me a red velvet cookie.

"Thanks," I smiled but then noticed something, "Hey, it's burnt!"

"I've seen you eat food that was on the floor for half an hour. A burnt cookie is nothing."

I shrugged, "You're not wrong, I do like burnt things. And it's free."

"Now go before people start stealing stuff."

"Bye, Noah, I'll treasure this burnt cookie until the day I die," I was being dramatic but I knew it would be the last time I'd see him in awhile.

Even though they had the most PDA I'd ever seen, I sat with Kingston and Konor during lunch.

"Hey, guys," I greeted them but they didn't pay attention to me at all. They were too busy staring into each other's eyes. You'd think it was Match's Day or something.

"I wish I had your pretty hair. And your golden eyes." Konor commented and of course, Kingston was soaking up all of the attention like a sponge.