Chapter 2: Just a dream

Kion and Bunga have been walking for a long time when they decided to take some rest at a litte watering hole surrounded with trees. "Zuka zama!" Bunga said as he dived into the water, which created a big splash, making Kion wet. "You can chill in the water if you want to, but I'm going into the sun so my fur can dry up a bit." Kion said to the Honey Badger. "Okay, just make sure you'll come back here when your dry again." he responded. Kion walked out of the shade of the trees, so he could warm up a bit. Laying down in a little field of grass, he fell asleep quickly.

Kion woke up in the Pridelands, he noticed he was inside of the den at Pride Rock. He could tell because it felt like the spot he used to sleep until he went on his journey to the tree of life. "What am I doing here?" the young lion said, sounding confused. He opened his eyes. "Hevi kabisa!" he screamed, seeing his parents laying right in front of him, covered in blood and dead. Kiara was with them, heavily injured, but not dead. "Kion!" she cried. "Why Kion, why did you listen to him." "What, who are you talking about." Kion responded, not knowing what his sister was talking about. He heard a laugh he knew, and he didn't like it. He turned around. It was Scar who the laugh came from. "Do it!" he demanded the cub. "Do what?" "Finish what you've started." "I don't know what you're talking about." "So you don't know who killed your parents, and is about to kill your sister?" "No, but who killed them won't touch Kiara with a single paw, cause he has to deal with me first." Kion said confidently about protecting his sister. "Then go ahead, and kill yourself." Scar said, confusing Kion even more. "Right now." after he whispered that with a slow pace it dawned on Kion. He was the one who killed his parents. Suddenly he felt a stinging pain through going through his body. "I'm so sorry for this Kiara." he said with tears in his eyes. He walked over to Kiara.

Outside of Pride Rock, walking towards the lair was Fuli. She heard Kiara scream really loud, and as the screaming stopped, she could hear a different lion crying, with Scar laughing in the background. She ran up towards the den as fast as she could. She entered just in time to see Kion, with blood on his claws, falling down to stop breathing, with a dead Kiara right next to him.

Bunga, still relaxing in the water, heard a scream coming from his lion friend. He got out as fast as he could, heading the same direction his friend went when they saw each other the last time. He saw Kion breathing heavily. "Kion! Is everything alright?" he asked, as he ran up to his best friend. "I don't know, Bunga. I had this strange dream. It all felt so real, even though I know it was just a dream. It was Scar saying I had killed my mom and dad. He then wanted me to kill Kiara. I didn't want to, but I couldn't do anything to stop my body from doing it." Kion said, crying a little. "It is alright, it was just a dream, no need to worry." "For once you are right, but I'm still scared. I haven't had dreams like this since my scar was healed, and I started having them when I got my scar." he said as he turned to face his friend. "Woah! You indeed might want to get your scar checked again. It is bleeding." the honey badger said, in shock from seeing the scar. "Wait, what! Bleeding! But nothing touched it." Kion started screaming. "We have to get you help, we'll go and visit the Pridelands another time, but you should have this checked out." Bunga advised. "I will have it checked out, but we're closer to the Pridelands than the Tree of Life, so I'd rather have Rafiki taking a look at it." Kion said.

The boys kept walking until they reached the Pridelands. Walking towards Pride Rock other animals were looking at them. "Can't you all just mind your own business!" the bleeding lion screamed out of nowhere. "Kion, they're just scared because of all the blood alright. Just like us, they don't know how it happened, they don't even know better or it could have been from a fight. They're just scared alright." the lion's friend tried to calm him down. "Yeah, you're right. Let's just keep moving towards Pride Rock."

As the duo reached the giant rock formation that once was home for one of them, they slowed down, walking up. When he reached the top and walked into the den he saw his sister, Kiara, laying down, with Rafiki and Kovu, her mate, sitting next to her, with most of the pride around it. Then he heard some meows. Kiara had just given birth to a lion cub. Kion thought to himself it might be best to not just walk in and scare the newborn with his bloody face, so he walked out and called for his mom and dad. "Kion?!" his parents said. "Yes, it is me." The two came out, shocked from all the blood that covered their son's face. "Kion, what happened to your face?" Simba spoke after a few seconds of silence. "I had a bad dream, and when I woke up, my scar was bleeding." "You should have Rafiki checking it." the father advised. "I know, can you go get him for me? I don't want Kiara her cub seeing me like this. I don't want to scare him." Nala nodded and then she walked back into the den.

"So... you're a grandfather now. How does it feel?" Kion spoke to his dad. "Still have to get used to it." "I'm sure you'll do great, dad." "Thank you Kion. But how are things at the Tree of Life?" "Everything is going great back there, you should come with me for a visit when I'm going back. Maybe you can get to know Rani a bit too. She told me she would love to meet you, and mom." "Thank you for the offer, Kion. I'll talk about it with Nala." After Simba said that, Nala came back out of the den, with Rafiki to her left, and Kovu to her right. "Kion, are you alright?" his brother-in-law asked, worried. "I'm not sure. I feel alright, but the bleeding scar scares me a bit. Also I had a strange dream, one I used to have when my scar wasn't healed. That scares me more than the bleeding." "What did you just say?!" Rafiki interrupted.