Chapter Five

PARANORMAL,CHAPTER FIVE

PARANORMAL,
CHAPTER FIVE

GOING INTO THE Ether was easy for Scott. It was like breathing. One second he was there? The next. His body went limp, almost like he was sleeping. His state was a lot like Athos's. Except he was sitting straight up, eyes wide open, black in color. He even occasionally blinked. "Vital signs look good, eyes are responding to light", Thalia was saying, not that anyone was paying attention. She'd learned to check vitals and things like that as she got older, because every time Scott did this she hated being idle. Besides, it was nice to be able to have some medical experience — in case any of them ever got hurt. God, she hoped not.

Jem was too busy fussing over Athos, rightfully so. Thalia didn't mind that. She was sure that it was keeping his mind occupied. "You're okay", the boy was whispering. He was holding Athos's hand, brushing his curls back.

And Alex was helping Marcus, not that he needed it. It was more Alex fussing over Marcus. For once Thalia was actually glad her brother wasn't around. She couldn't help it when she rolled her eyes. "He's doing an astral projection, not going to war", Thalia muttered bitterly, interrupting the pair's cheerful aura. "My brother is the one in danger here, not you. Athos is in danger." They weren't doing anything wrong. Not at all. Thalia was just on edge. Knowing her brother would have been upset had he been there, she supposed, didn't much help.

Unrequited love was such a bitch.

She didn't mean to snap, it was just hard being the only person her brother confided in. And she and Scott weren't twins, but she swore she could feel his pain. And he could feel hers. Linked. Inseparable. They were each other's forever, in a way. The one bond that could never be broken.

Danika snorted, gaining Marcus's attention. She couldn't help herself. They were all acting like children! It was tiring. She was stressed. It slipped. She didn't even find it funny. It was just laughable to her that, even now, they could all still be immature. It showed how they each had a ways to go. She was glad to be with her friends. To go through that journey with them. The latter narrowed his eyes. "And what's funny, Dani?" He wasn't angry. Not even annoyed. He was slightly hurt. But who wouldn't be hurt if their friend giggled at them?

"Don't talk to her like that", Lillian snapped almost immediately. See? On edge. It was like everyone in the room was walking on pins and needles.

"Cool it", Minhyuk interjected, for once being strict. Someone had to be the voice of reason around here. "Marcus, just do your stupid projection thing and let's get this over with", Minhyuk mumbled. "Lives are at stake. No one has time for any of you to bicker."

"Give em a break", Beverly mumbled. "We're all tired and freaked out. We're bound to start snapping at each other." That's what humans did when they got stressed, unfortunately. They took it out on everyone around them.