046 : mum and dad

Start from the beginning

Tom turns to his assistant, who was alert and ready for whatever Tom was inevitably going to ask him. "When's the quickest you can fly us out of the country?" Tom asks, and his assistant already has the answer, prepared and anticipating Tom to ask him that.

"I've already prepared and booked an emergency flight on a private jet ready to go in thirty minutes." He informs Tom, who takes Zendaya's hand, his other free one booking an uber on his phone.

When the uber came in just a few short minutes, Tom couldn't bare sitting down but he had no choice to for the next few hours. Running his hand through his now completely disshevelled hair for the twentieth time in just ten minutes, he felt Zendaya place a hand forcefully on his knee that was violently shaking up and down, and he didn't even know was shaking. "Have you tried calling Scarlett?" She asks, her voice croaked and strained after persistently crying hard for half an hour and saying not much other than asking her phone to call Oliver over and over again.

Tom shakes his head, "They said the car turned over on Scarlett's side, I doubt she's conscious, all I'm praying is her and the twins are just alive." Tom croaks, his voice breaking slightly, and Zendaya's eyes widen, feeling herself choke up once again and fresh tears lining her eyes.

"Oh my God, the babies, I forgot──" She cries, turning to Tom and clutching her arms around his neck, tightly, making sure she was supporting his friend in their currently worst nightmare.

"It's all my fault. All of this." Tom cuts Zendaya off, exhaling as he lets his head fall and smack the car seat, allowing the pain to cause a throbbing that would turn into a headache, because it was his deserved punishment.

Zendaya crosses her eyebrows, scoffing slightly in disbelief. "All your fault? How were you in London crashing into their car whilst simultaneously being here in Berlin?"

"Because if I wasn't such a dick on the phone, she wouldn't have left in such a rush! She told me they were going to induce her labour next week, and I told her to say no, even though if she did she would be at risk of dying because they'd be getting too big to hold in the womb. She told me to stay at work and not watch them be born, and she hung up. I triggered her!" Tom cries, hitting his head with the palm of his hand repeatedly in his pent up anger in the back of an uber.

Zendaya crosses her eyebrows, sighing. "Yes, you were a dick, you've been a bit of a dick to her since you left home. But the accident was not your fault. It was the press. If you feel so guilty, call her, let off some steam." She explains, handing Tom his phone, which had fallen to the floor of his car.

"But she can't answer──"

"I know, but just leave a voicemail. Tell her everything you want to tell her until we're both in London. I told Oliver how much I really loved him, and that, when this is all done, we should get married. Because I love him so much, and I can't be in a world without him." Daya sniffs, and Tom begins to well up at the sentiment, embracing his friend for a second time.

"You two are a bomb couple, Daya. I can't wait to see you get hitched." Tom smiles, his hands clasped around hers as two friends are joined together in solidarity for the loss that they potentially face.

She smiles back, opening Tom's phone. "What do you want to say to her?" She softly asks, and Tom blows a raspberry, his mind whizzing through the hundreds of things he could say, but he couldn't pick from his head, so let his heart guide him instead.

"That I'm sorry," Tom sobs, screwing his eyes together as guilt screens his eyes. "I'm sorry that our potentially last ever conversation was us arguing because I was an inconsiderate prick. That her last thought of me would be how much she probably disliked me at that point. That we never got to hold our two babies in our hands, and tell them how much we love them, and how I can't tell her how she's going to be the best Mum on the planet. I would tell her that although we've only been a couple for just over a year, that it was the best time of my life and it would be seared onto my heart forever. And that, I love her, I've always loved her, even when we were kids ourselves, and I will never, ever stop loving her."

Tom's sobs filled the uber as it came to a hault at the airport field, where the jet was open and ready for him and Zendaya, and she soothes him by rubbing circular motions on his back, guiding him out of the car. "Then that's exactly what you tell her Tom. You need to. In case you can't say it in person."

Tom nods, seating himself on the jet and going to his favourites in his contacts, with Scarlett being the only one there, and pressing the dial button, his phone pressed to his ear as the rings echoed in his mind.

After around thirty seconds of empty rings, the phone cut off, and as Tom was expecting to be met with Scarlett's answering machine, he was instead met with the sound of muffled sobs and then a large scream, and Tom stood right up from his seat on the plane, his hope finally being restored.

"Scarlett?"

INDIA TALKS !

am i cruel? extremely

part two of five of this very long and
continually dramatic ending to better off,
please don't forget to vote and comment ! i can't tell you enough about how much work has gone into this finale (literally MONTHS !)

i am also going to warn you again that the next chapter WILL include sensitive writing and graphic imagery not suitable for younger viewers. you ! are ! warned !

also, happy birthday to me !! sang dancing queen all day 💞