040 : families separate

Start from the beginning

username10: lets pray she's pregnant we need a tomlett baby

AS BOTH TWO COUPLES AND ONE GROUP OF FOUR FRIENDS, OLIVER, ZENDAYA AND TOM AND SCARLETT WERE HAVING DINNER IN TOMLETT'S NEW HOUSE, WHICH HAPPENS TO BE FIVE MINUTES AWAY FROM OLIVER'S APARTMENT. Despite being well into six months of her pregnancy, Scarlett insisted on cooking dinner for everyone, finding herself rendered useless recently as Tom was doing everything for her. In just two days time, he'd be gone, so she'd have to cope anyway.

"You always outdo yourself, every time, Scar." Zendaya praises, her mouth full of Scarlett's arepas. "I'm going to miss your cooking when we go film!"

Scarlett snorts, taking a mouthful of her dinner and smiling graciously at her best friend. "Thanks, but Tom cooks just as well, he's come a long way since he's insisted on doing a lot in the house."

Oliver groans, looking at his girlfriend and two best friends, shaking his head. "You guys are definitely in your thirties, this is the most boring dinner conversation we've ever had."

"Tom and I have an excuse! It's just our inner parents slowly seeping in and then bam, when the twins come we're full on uncool, embarassing parents." Scarlett giggles, the simple mention of her babies giving off a pure look of happiness that spread across her eyes and lips.

Tom awes in delight, his hand catching Scarlett's on the top of the dinner table, the pad of his thumb smoothing across her hand. "I can't wait to suddenly stop knowing any new trends."

Scarlett bites her lip, pecking her husband quickly on the lips before she lets go of his hand and takes the plates back out to the kitchen for Tom to wash up later. Tom gushes heavily, but a look of concern washes over Zendaya's face, her brows furrowing in curiosity. Tom notices, raising one of his brows.

"What's up?" He asks, and Zendaya sighs, shrugging lightly.

"It's just, I'm worried about Scarlett. I know Ollie will be here, but we're filming for three months, Tom. That takes the end of filming right up to just before Scarlett's due date." She rambles, her concern heightening the more she speaks.

Oliver nods his head, "Yeah, I've been reading Scarlett's pregnancy for twins book when I got bored and she's very likely she'll go into labour at 35 weeks, which is still 5 weeks early."

Tom blows a raspberry, waving a hand of dismissal at Oliver. "You're here, I told her to call me if anything happened or if she went into labour and I'd be out of the country within the hour. And also, our doctor says she expects Scarlett to carry to full term because the babies are quite small still."

Zendaya and Oliver exchange a look between one another, and Oliver looks back at Tom, who seems totally unphased by this, which was beyond odd. Had it not registered that in just a few month's time his wife would be giving birth while he's shooting halfway around the world?

"Tom, we're serious. Talk to the producers, ask to take your paternity leave a bit later. They'd understand. Scarlett wants you here." Zendaya threatens in a low tone, one that caught Tom's attention at long last, and he sighs, staring at the tablecloth.

"She keeps saying she's fine on her own and as long as she calls me every day, she's dandy. This is my job, though, I can't just ditch it, they'd fire me!"

"And you can't just ditch your wife while she pushes two babies out of her-" Zendaya starts angrily whispering, but cuts herself off when Scarlett comes back into the dining room, her hands carrying four plates of mini trifles she had made earlier on.

The odd and what can be said as tense silence freaked Scarlett out, her brows furrowed inquisitvely as she sets down the trifles. "I feel like I missed something..." She says wearily, and Zendaya opens her mouth to tell Scarlett what she, Oliver and Tom had been discussing, but Tom is quick to jump in before her.

"Nope! We've all gone into a small food coma, that's all!" Tom cheerily replies to his wife, seeing her chuckle lightly, and his vision snaps back to Zendaya, her arms crossed as she stares down her friend, mouthing to him,

"You've got balls, Holland."

And Tom suddenly knew that he wasn't making the right choice.

INDIA TALKS !

howdy ! as like with the pact, i am now officially obligated to tell you that we are on the final ten chapters of better off, and that FREAKS me the fuck out 😔✊🏻

quick plug ! anyone a stan of joe keery (steve harrington, stranger things) check out my new book, drugs + candy ! it's going to be very much like the pact style wise only with q diff storyline :))

vote and comment please !! i love u all