CYAN: 13

Finally had time to update. XD Christmas break please... 

“Why would I even?” he asked amused. I lay beside him and looked at the blue sky, “good” I muttered to myself. He held my hand and fiddled with it, “you’ll sing that song for me, right?” he asked without looking. I looked at him and his eyes were busy looking at our intertwined fingers. He looked at me curiously, “will you? Only for me?” he added. My eyes widened. Embarrassed, I directed my gaze towards the open sky—nodding was the only thing that I could possibly do.

“Help me do the lyrics then.” I asked but silence was the only thing I got in response. I turned to my stomach and frowned, “please” I pleaded. He looked at me stoically. We stared at each other for a moment as I nervously plucked grasses out of the ground. He turned away, “no.”

“Ehhh?” I whined. “Don’t even think about it. We may be in a relationship but I don’t recall something about helping you with your responsibilities.” He coldly castigated. I flashed him a distasteful façade and threw bits of grass towards his face that he effortlessly shielded.

“Shining informed you about something, right? Better tell the others now.” He reminded me then my mind went blank. Oh yeah, I forgot. He stood up and held a hand out. I took it and jumped up. He nodded then gestured me inside without letting go of my hand. I grinned in return and was about to walk my way towards the dormitory but my hand was stuck in his grip. I look at him curiously. “Talk to Shiori.” He ordered then completely freed my hand.

“I have to discuss something important with Shining so you head on first and arrange a meeting.” He added then turned—walking in the opposite direction.

Luck was on my side, everyone was already gathered inside the practice room. Shiori noticed me come in and smiled. She flashed me a thumbs up like saying that everyone was ready for a serious business. All of them turned in unison upon noticing my presence. I returned their gazes as I walked towards the crowd.

My eyes stayed locked with two deep crimson orbs. She looked down as she fiddled with her fingers. Haruka-senpai elbowed her and she made a step closer to me. Every person present inside was silent and curious at the same time. I was facing the crowd of idols as I looked at Shiori lovingly. Her eyes were filled with tears as she bit her lower lip to stop a sob. She ran towards me then hugged me. I took her in my arms and hugged her back.

“Thank you.” I murmured softly.

“I’m sorry Yuki.” She said between sobs as I stroke her long dark hair. Haruka-senpai sighed in relief and the others were wide eyed. I laughed at the sight of them being oblivious on what was happening. I wiped Shiori’s tears using my pajama’s sleeves—yeah, I’m still on my night jamies. I held both of her hands and we faced them entirely.

“Let’s work hard!” I exclaimed but no one gets it.

“We’ll have a concert in two months’ time. It’s for the graduating class this year and President Saotome wants us to perform a worldwide concert.” Shiori backed me up and I kept my smile on. Shiori nudged me and nodded.

I raised a fist and shouted. “Let’s work hard!” again. I made a peace sign using my pointing and middle finger then added, “And have fun!”

Ai’s POV

The phone started ringing and Shining answered the phone on the third ring.

“Hellooooo.” He heedlessly greeted.

“Good morning, Mikaze Ai here.” I introduced myself.

“Great, great. I was about to call you.” He shouted from the other line as loud voices tried to drown his voice on his side.

“Yes, about that… I decline.” I said without hesitation. Shining didn’t respond.

After a while, “sorry, but you can’t.” He said—disappointment lingering in his tone. My eyes widened and was about to ask why but he cut me to it.

“I was about to call you because I received a call from the professor asking if you could possibly be there by next week. You’d be leaving next week.”

I stayed silent as he explained. My systems are not working because I can’t seem to follow with what he’s saying. Where did my month of desicion making run off? Nonetheless, he said I can’t decline. So I’m really going whether I like it or not. I have to help Yuki with their concert and I can’t leave that early. We have schedules this upcoming week—I can’t cancel all that. I haven’t told Yuki yet because I thought about declining. She’d be frustrated after hearing this news. I’d be gone for more than a month. Can she survive without my help?

“Hello, are you there?” I hearShining shouting on the other line.

“Ah, yes.” I responded.

“Oh yeah, did you ask Ms. Saito about this?” He asked then I answered, “Not yet.”

“Good, it would be best if you kept it a secret. I’ll explain it to her once you left.” I was petrified upon hearing this. Why? She’d be broken if I wont tell… it’s like repeating what her mom did about how she kept her illness to herself so that Yuki could smile until the very end. I should have told her earlier.

“I can’t keep a secret from her.” I responded.

“It’s an order.”

“But…”

“I’m sorry Mr. Mikaze, I believe you are aware about the reason why I ask you to keep it from her. It’s for the best. You don’t want to see Ms. Saito slowly breaking down as your departure gets nearer and nearer. Might I remind you that she’s Shining Agency’s star of the night on that concert, I want her to concentrate on practicing and practicing only. It’s easier to explain everything after you depart.” He cut me off. I gulped and looked down.

“Okay.” Was the only thing I said then he hung up. I let out a deep and bemoaning sigh.

“Yuki forgive me.”

---

too short? I'll update once I get a chance.