Thought One. - Mr. Sexy sounding.

Start from the beginning

            “Continue…” I say, clearly mocking him.

But that’s the way we are. It’s just the way we converse, like everything’s a joke. He’s been my friend since the beginning of high school, and now we’re in our last year. We aren’t exactly best friends, but we do talk on a school basis.

            “Will you go to Kirk’s party with me? Please? I know that you don’t want to go… but I mean, we could just get dressed up, and have a few drinks.. and then I will take you home?” He’s nervous. He brushes his fingers through his hair, his eyes searching my face.

I can actually feel how badly he wants me to say yes.

Ah, shit.

I really try to stay away from these social events. I would rather curl up in my bed, and read a good book. Just turn the pages of some fictional novel, getting lost in their world. Where things like social status, and going to a Halloween party; don’t matter.

I look back to Blake, and see that his smile is no longer there. He is now sporting a dramatic pouty lip, and big, soulful puppy dog eyes.

I have a huge weakness for puppy dog eyes.

            “Ah, Blake. Really?” I whine, shoving him on his shoulder. “You really had to bring out your sad, ‘I’m a lost boy and I just need your help’ look?” He just nods his head yes, and mouths ‘please?’

I noticeably roll my eyes.

            “Fine. Pick me up at nine.” I say turning on my heel and darting for the exit.

            “Okay! It’s a date!” I hear him yelling after me, but I just continue through the doors and start my walk home.

A date.

I really wish that he could have seen my eyes rolling at that last statement. There is no way that this qualifies as a date. As handsome as he is, dating just isn’t my thing. The last time I even dated someone, it was Kirk.

Kirk Vaygen.

In grade ten, he was in three of my classes. He was, and still is a total party boy. All he ever wants to do is get drunk, and get laid. We first started talking at one of his parties; of course. I had gone with my friend Marni to his March break party, and had been totally infatuated with his toned – shirtless- body, and his cocky humor.

But that can only last for so long.

We dated for a month, and after he realized that he wasn’t going to get passed second base with me, he dropped me like I was hot. He told every guy that he knows, that Embrie Collins is a nun.  And after that, not many guys would pay much attention to me. They are all looking for someone to crunch their cravings, to eat up in one gulp. And I just won’t be one of those girls.