Hunting season

The door was closed and the windows shuttered, but there was no doubt in my mind as to what was occurring behind those cottage walls.

Perhaps the Elven Prince of Loramar never expected visitors, least of all the pregnant wife of his Terran lover, but there I was, making my way around the cottage as I ensured there were no guards, no watchmen to bare witness to what I was about to do.

I debated my abilities to climb through a window in my current  state should the door remain locked, but I had no issue gaining entrance through the cottage's main entryway.

Again, it seemed the Prince never expected visitors.

I clenched my fists at my sides as the sounds of groaning males and slapping skin combined with the smell of musk and sex.

As I crept through the otherwise empty cottage, I realize I hadn't brought a blade with me. Stupid, in hindsight. Traveling nearly across the world unprotected was asking to be attacked, or worse. But I was far more concerned with seeking out my spouse and returning him to his castle in one piece.

Or, I was.

They left their clothing and weapons strewn about the main room... I wasn't going to allow myself a moment to consider what caused such chaos, not as I bent down and retrieved one of my husband's favorite hunting knives.

The irony.

Such a beautiful weapon was used for hunting some of the world's wildest beasts.

Never would he have considered seeing it protruding from the chest of his lover.