Chapter 7

"Mom, you guys were not on talking terms a few days ago?" Fatima pulled her hair into a high ponytail whilst Oruj watered her small garden in the backyard of their house.
"I thought the same, nevertheless, it is Mehreen's wedding we couldn't just undo the relation with them.
And, she is your aunt!"
"Yeah, sure, thanks for reminding me the last thing, mom." Oruj smacked her head with an intense glare "Behave and go, get ready."
"Ready, why?" Fatima frowned.
"We are going to Maliha's" Oruj exclaimed making Fatima grunt.

~~~

Oruj, Fatima and Nadir stood before the door after ringing the bell of Maliha's house.
"Mom, please we won't stay longer," Fatima cried.
"Why won't we? I get to play X-box. Mom, please we will stay for a long." Nadir whined.
"Shush!" Oruj glared both of her kids in order them to behave in front of someone's back.

The door unlocked revealing charming Maaz, he was on the call when he answered the door Oruj exhaled a relief sigh.
He was busy to hear the buzz of their conversation.
Maaz nodded and smiled and welcomed them in the house and disconnected the call after a few seconds.

"I'm sorry that was important, Assalamualaikum, Aunt Oruj." He greeted with an excuse for his behaviour.
"No matter, how are you and how is work?" Oruj smiled.
"Everything is good, Hey, bud, howz you?" Maaz turned to Nadir.
Oruj went in further to Maliha's room after seconds Nadir too went into Maaz' room to quenched his thirst for gaming leaving Fatima and Maaz into the foyer.

"Amm... Hey!' Maaz smiled, a bit uneasy.
Fatima mirrored him.
"Wheres Mehreen?"
"In her room." Fatima nodded.
"Um... Fatima?" Maaz called out.
"Ha?"
"I wanna talk if you don't mind?"
"Ya, sure!" Fatima hesitated.
"Assalamualikum," both their heads turned to excited mehreen.
"Walekumassalam, how is my pretty bride to be?" Fatima hugged her.
"Oh common, the bride? Yes.
Pretty? Doubt that."
Mehreen rolled her eyes, her voice sounded unpleasant to Fatima's ear. Dejected? Fatima nodded.
"What is it?" By the time Maaz already left girls to their own world murmuring 'gurls' under his tongue.
"Nothing." Mehreen shrugged.
"Oh common, spill the beans, baby." Fatima pushed her.
"Its Sheez," Mehreen slumped her shoulder.
"Obviously" Fatima mocked.
Mehreen frowned turning back to Fatima. They were now in her room.
"I mean, it's your wedding next month what else could be on your mind?" Fatima shrugged as mehreen can't get more than agreed to her.
"Yeah, nothing I can't sort."
"Okah!"
"Oh wait, where's Aunt Maliha?"
"Why?" Mehreen questioned back.
"I came up, I have to meet her, right?"
"Fatima?"
"Hm..."
"I am sorry." Fatima searched her memory to remember if Mehreen did any wrong to owe her an apology.
"You know, mom..."
"Oh, forget it." Fatima dismissed her and left to meet Maliha with a heavy sigh.
Mehreen yelled that she'd be coming down in a bit.

Fatima's mind now constrained with what could be the new thing her Aunt is going to come up with.
It is always about IBRAHIM.
Maaz and I?
Never.

First, he is her cousin, second, this will spoil their families existing relation, third after this Aunt Maliha will be the end of her father.
She does not have the capacity to watch every other day the quarrels and bickerings in the family.

Her father is quiet because he is younger than Maliha, however, the second she'll marry Maaz, her father will be indebted to shut his mouth because he is a father to a daughter.
Fatima cannot handle Maliha and her autocratic behaviour with their lives.
Fatima never wants her father to stoop low just because he did nothing. Everything scares her.
She, herself know she can't keep quiet for long, unlike her father.
She has patience issues and peace will fly like thin air.

She knows all the clouds have a silver lining and she is waiting for all this to come to an end, soon.
Just for all this sake, she wants herself or either Maaz gets hitched to someone in relation.
At least they would be someone stranger to both of them and not their cousins and not Aunt Maliha's son to most certain.
She sighed.