Chapter 1

Having a soul mate is not always about love.
However, having a crime mate is always about you, my friend.

Enjoy (wink)

-----------------__________------------------

Tapping impatiently her fingers on the table and her shoes clenched feet on the floor,
Her lips tightened.
Her eyes were fixed on the green board in front of her with the difference of two tables and chairs between them, barely blinking.
Tears threatening to shed any moment.
She huffed flaring her nostrils in annoyance, rubbing her nose roughly with her palm, increasing the redness of her already red nose.
Her habit in common, whenever she is annoyed or angry.
Her hair tickled her cheeks, annoying her obediently.

The sound of her classmates eating and talking happily travels through her ears each time making her cry.
She sniffles again looking at the picture of the food chart posted in her messy classroom now.
Nothing excites Fatima more than food.
The corners of her mouth once again turned down indicating sorrow.

All the children gathered in a group at every other table to have lunch.

A trail of tears escaped once again.
She was sitting in the middle of the classroom. The seat next to her was not occupied today since her partner was absent.
She was new to everyone here.
This school was new to her since her family is now settled in San Jose from San Francisco, two months ago.

"Why are you crying?" A soft voice reached her ears, turning her head right, her emerald green eyes met with the forest green pairs filled with the concern of little Ibrahim.
He sat down beside her quietly, he was watching her from afar all this time in a mess or misery, perhaps.
"No one loves me." she wiped her tears from her cheeks roughly from the long sleeves of her sweater. Her voice was a little shaky due to crying.
She sniffles again, turning back her attention towards the green board in front of her.
He gently kept his hand on her shoulder just to comfort her and gain her attention.
However, one glare from little Fatima made him gulp down and he pulled back his hand abruptly.
A shy kid he was!

"My mom did not prepare me lunch today, she doesn't love me anymore." A tear escaped her eyes again.

"Why?" He stared at her, disbelieving.

"Mumma didn't get up today because of that new baby Koala brother of mine, he just came yesterday from Allah knows where an ..and... I. ALREADY. HATE. HIM!"
She clenched her teeth and huffed again flaring her nostrils.

Ibrahim hid his mouth behind his hand trying to escape the situation.
His face was red out of not laughing for a moment now.
However, he managed to do so.

He finds her cute and beautiful. Her lined bob haircut complemented her round face, popping out her cute straight-edged nose.

When the hearts were kind-hearted and humble, the soul knows no evils, just the perfect world of kids.
He had offered his lunch in the sixth grade to a crying girl as she didn't bought hers.
''Don't worry, we can share'', he offered kindly, smiling, in a soothing voice to keep her away from crying.

---------________----------

Ibrahim rummaged his hand through his silky amber brown hairs.
"Why so pissed bud?" Fatima sat down beside her best friend for their history lesson, keeping her bag on the table and pulling out her water bottle.
He checked out the time once again before speaking.
"Is that too obvious on my face?"
She nodded her head after gulping down the water to her dry throat.

"I messed up very bad."
"History Assignment?" He nodded.

"I reminded you last night Ibrahim?" Fatima stood up throwing a death glare at him.
Folding her hands on her chest after keeping the bottle aside from her hands on the table.

Their classmates throw a well-known glance at each other and some passing them to reach their desks.

"Leave it, what's done is done." He pulled her down to sit in her place since Mrs Hawley might come any moment.

"That is the problem you Dodo, there is nothing done" Fatima whispered huffing and ended up air quoting to knock some senses into him.

Because everyone knows Mrs Hawley in the bad mood is not a good scenic sight.

She had already told them last time, you might have to face the consequences if not done the same until time.
So obviously, nobody likes her and her dear subject.
Hopefully, it is their last year with history as they are passing to Grade eleven.
Hopefully!

-------________--------

Best friends are for life, and so are they.
As they grew up they realised it will be good to have one unbeatable best friend instead of many friends in their lives.

Both live their lives depending on each other. They both have their shoulders and backs.

Some say Opposites attract.
They agreed!!
Because they are poles apart.
One thing which makes the two one is the way they are obsessed with food and one another, precisely.
I know that made two!

People even sometimes misunderstood them as "the couple,"
They were overly affectionate and concerned and worried over each other, but, only as friends, no more, no less.

Their parents knew they are crime partners. Their children's true friendship made them unite together.
Fatima's mother is befriended by Ibrahim's mom. So as their fathers and siblings.
Nadir and Zara were too much into each other.
Lol! Don't get me wrong here, Nadir is Fatima's Koala brother. Remember?
He turned five last June and Zara is Ibrahim's sister who is turning seventeen coming December.
Zara loves little chubby Nadir, very much.

Assalamualikum.
Hey there everyone, hope you enjoyed the short and sweet chapter.
Many more things waiting in the future now.
In sha Allah.
Hold yourself, tight guys.
And let me know how you like or love Ibrahim and Fatima here.

What was your favourite thing about this chapter??

Write down in the comment section below.

#vote
#comment
#love
#😘😘😘😘😗😗😗😗😗
#star👇click