Chapter 2

Assalamualaikum pals!!

"Aunty Oruj, where is your daughter?" Ibrahim stomps in from the front door humiliated, agitated and so very in a mood to kill Fatima umpteenth time now, like always.

Oruj was collecting the laundry from her room, she came out curiously as soon as she heard Ibrahim yelling.
Knowing very well her daughter is always the centre of attraction of all the problems in this poor boy's life.
She can not blame her either, her daughter totally resemble her from the looks to all the things she is capable to do.

Which always makes oruj proud.

"Walekumassalam, love. I'm good." Oruj replies with a curious smile.
"Ok, ok I'm fine too. Where is she?"
Oruj laughed.
"Where do you think?"
"Yeah! her nest. I'll see you in a while."

Fatima heard Ibrahim yelling from downstairs, she wrapped her head with a hijab hastily, which she started adoring a year ago after they were done with their junior year.
She didn't figure out yet the "why", though.

He pushed the door open after alarming her that he is already here. He respects Fatima's decision of wearing a hijab.
He very well knows how she had to face everyone when she decided to adorn it. No one in her family ever thought of this stuff, ever. Though she is still struggling to figure out the reason behind that, either ways he is with her.
There are times when Ibrahim finds respecting her and he doubts she is the same person who at the same time can make him kill her.

Subsiding that fact for now he went in further, Fatima stood near the bed with a book in her hand. He looked around and rolled his eyes appreciating Fatima subconsciously for how she maintains her messy room.
How could someone maintain such a demeanour? He wondered moving towards the bed.
He picked a pillow and smash, "awwh!!" and then the other "owww!!"
"What in the hell, dumbhead?"
Luckily there were only two pillows.
"Why did you do that?" Ibrahim bellowed.
Fatima threw the pillows back on the bed.
"I did what?"
"No, no we are not playing that game again, girl.
"You know, you can't pretend."
Fatima chuckled
Adding...
"Be grateful, I got your back, buddy." She cheered.

"In front of me is a black hole, you keep pushing me into. Therefore the thing done by you is nowhere near help." He mocked, sitting on the bed with a thud pushing a pillow under his elbow.

"Hey, careful! That's my bed, Ibs."
She demanded.
He glared at her, Fatima knows all the ways of shooting his nerves hard.
His mom is the only one who keeps on calling him Ibs in front of everyone, who think that it sounds so cool type mom.
On the same grounds, Ibrahim hates that Ibs to be heard from anyone, he listens to his mom only because she is his mom.

"I dare you to say that again." He demanded.
"I did" she smiled.
"Mahn! That was one hell of a time you entered in my life."
He sighed rubbing his face.

Nevertheless, both of them are well aware that they can't stand a single day without each other.

Though he never agrees to that thing between their friendship, neither did Fatima.
It is something understood for both of them.

She is the only and the best friend of Ibrahim and the same thing is another way round.

"What did you wrote in that letter, you kept in her locker?" He turned his head to left., scowling.

"Nothing, of your concern." A dry chuckle left out of her lips, her hand went to her nape up from her hijab.

His brows arched indicating her to continue. "That, Sarah I'm intrigued by your eyes, I dream of you even when I'm awake and..." She was in the middle when Ibrahim smashed the pillow on her head.
"Wow!! You made me sound so desperate."
"Ibrahim you are overreacting now." She rolled her eyes.
"Yeah why not I'm not the one who has to face Sarah tomorrow in the school." He gritted.

"Ok, ok I'll talk to her." Fatima agreed.
"No!" Ibrahim screeched on the top of his lungs.
"I warn you, Fatima, if you ever thought of doing that I'll bury you down in the school itself. You understand?" He narrowed his eyes in front of her.
Fatima nodded disbelievingly.
"Ok... I won't." She exclaimed.

"None of the well beings are counted in this sinner's world"

"Oh shut up!!" He rolled his eyes again heading to the door now.
"Leaving?"

"I'm down."
"Good. You know your place."
"You tag along with me anyways."
He shouted back.

"Everything good?' Oruj asked Ibrahim waving her hand from behind the kitchen counter as soon as she saw him coming down.
"I'm satisfied."
She smiled.
"I had hit her pretty much good," Ibrahim whispered, winking.

"You do know you are talking to her mother young boy." Oruj's motherly instincts warned him.
"Yes, I do old lady." He waved it playfully.
"Eh! I'm not that old. People still approach me."
"You are a boutique owner Aunt Oruj, don't forget that." He chuckled making her laugh this time.

"Mom, what's for food?" Fatima came in with a coffee cup in her hand.
"You drank coffee last evening, isn't it?" Oruj narrowed her eyes.
Ibrahim settled himself for the upcoming bickering.
He knows very well where this was going.
He took a sip of apple juice, Oruj offered him when he came down.
"Yes, why?"
"Fatima, for Allah's sake, you are grown-up women, how could you let that cup rot in your room for this long?" She screeched disbelieve.
"Mom! What does that have to do with my 'growing up'." Fatima whined. Her mom never leaves any chance to let her dwell in peace.
Especially when this scumbag is around. She thought.
"I will let you know that, soon." She huffed.
Mum turned that means the end of the conversation, she tried to console herself, sighing.

"Mom, what's for food?" She tried once again.
"We are going to Aunt Maliha's today."
Again.
"What, why?"
"We are going."
Ibrahim chuckled loudly this time just to add more fuel to already injured Fatima.
Maliha is Fatima's Aunt and her dad's sister. She is nowhere near sweet, gentle and caring at least not for her, due to some certain reasons unknown to her.
Fatima didn't hate her, she just doesn't like her.
Why Maliha in all people dislike Fatima this much was something she had to discover.
Besides the fact, her children were the sweetest of all even her husband likes her a lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, guys tell me how did you like the chapter and what do you think about the small bickerings of Ibrahim and Fatima?

#vote
#comment
❤❤❤❤👇👇👇👇👇
Love you all❤❤