Large Shadow

Makoto was shocked. No. I guess the shock isn't the correct word for the feelings he was currently experiencing.

He stared at the team in front of him. The nostalgic team he was with for more than one year, stood in front of him. And during that one year, they had experienced so many things together as a team.

His eyes wandered around them slowly, remembering all he did with them in the past.

Yukari and Junpei. His first friends that he made and had fun with.

Mitsuru and Akihiko. The reliable senpais that he could always count on.

Ken and Koromaru. The two small members that he had walked with at some nights.

Shinjiro. The angry-looking man who was ready to attack Makoto. It made Makoto's chest get even tighter to see the man still alive and well.

It was a shame he couldn't see Fuuka. A big shame. He wanted to see her and her amazing support once more.

And then his eyes finally landed on Aigis. The... emotionless android... Makoto gritted his teeth but didn't show it to his face.

He wanted to reach for them and call out for their names but didn't do it. Why? Because the looks he was given told him everything.

They were suspicious of him. Afraid and prepared to fight if they had to. Of course, they were. This is not the place where he lived but something else.

Makoto closed his eyes for a while and held back all the sadness he had deep inside him. Now was not the time to get emotional.

Eventually, he saw the auburn hair. His eyes were now one of confusion as he saw a girl in front of him. A girl he doesn't know nor has he ever met. She was also staring back at him.

"You are..." they both muttered. Consciously or subconsciously they did not know. All that mattered was that they have never met each other and yet feel something from the other person.

"Makoto!" came out the loud voice of his Master. From the group of teenagers, Gudako ran towards Makoto and immediately punched him on the stomach.

Makoto didn't really feel that much pain but placed his hand on his stomach so he wouldn't get hit again. He stared at his Master with a tilt of his head. The female Master in front of him was fuming with anger and glaring at him, with her arms crossed.

"That's what you get for leaving is, you idiot!" she told him.

"...Sorry. I had business to do." Makoto apologized to his Master.

"Was the business that important that you had to leave us?" Gudako asked, tapping her feet on the floor, showing how upset she is.

"...No." Makoto admitted with a shake of his head but regretted the moment he saw Gudako raising her fist.

=====

"Everyone!" Fuuka shouted in relief as she saw her team come out of the Tartarus. She also saw the four people they had to save and tensed up. She still had her Persona called and analyzed them by accident.

Fuuka was surprised to see that the first two had much stronger aura than an average person but she felt much more surprised when she saw the last two behind the first pair.

Their power felt much stronger than everybody else but it was mostly because of the blue-haired person.

Fuuka almost fell down when she took a glance at Makoto. It felt much more different than she had felt before. She was so surprised by Makoto's power that she didn't see anything else from him.