Chapter 29 Eiffel Tower Attack

Start from the beginning

"I guess it's about time" John said and walked towards the car D had driven in settling inside the chilled car.

"I am sure you have already taken care of the kids" John relaxed as he folded his hands behind his head closing his eyes for the first time since two days.

"Yeah and the other residents of the shelter home are also under close surveillance." D stated easily as if it wasn't a big deal.

"Thanks D" John smiled, his eyes closed yet he smirked. It felt very normal and regular.

"Great job though" D slapped softly on his shoulders.

"You guys didn't know about the children?" Danny asked feeling lost from the conversation the two agents were sharing

"No we simply followed John ad again this girl Sarah from shelter home called on your cellphone." D explained.

"Where is your phone?" Danny asked.

D waved the tattered feature phone in front of Danny "great choice John" he mocked.

"It was a gift from Liz" Danny said absent-minded. Suddenly remembering something he shouted "wait is his name actually John or you are going with the flow."

D chuckled "his name is actually John." He said, "How could we leave one of our best agents alone? We were following him right from the beginning. The cops were advised to name him John and so he did"

John scrunched his brows, his relaxed demeanor alert all of a sudden "and that stupid story of every Tom Dick and Harry being John"

"Oh!" D smiled, "that cop is also a part-time script writer for short plays. He went wild with his imagination.'

While John felt cheated or being fooled, it was D who now relaxed

"You too can close your eyes and relax. We have work to do once we drop the kid home." D suggested.

"You are dropping me at the shelter home?' Danny denied, "I am not going anywhere I want to be with John and help him in whatever you want him to do."

"No you are not gong to the shelter home but your home" D stated "your proud father is waiting for his gay son who is so brave and saved the children.'

He opened a news app on his mobile where Danny was given the entire credit of saving the children

"We wanted John to keep a low profile" D clarified.

"But who was Cynthia and what were her intentions?" John asked all of a sudden.

Hope bubbling inside him of getting her whereabouts. She might be related to those terrorists and might help with the code or whatever his agency was looking for.

"Cynthia is a small rebel who aims to be modern day life robin hood." D said "she knew somehow you are the best agent and was using you for her benefit. No sincere harms."

"But she fooled me." John said bewildered.

"That amused us too" D smiled tauntingly.

The driver joining in too
"Very funny" John said annoyed at them.

After bidding farewell with a hug to Danny and exchanging unpleasant pleasantries with Danny's dad John was taken to the agency where he met the Dr. Markle again.

'We can start Doctor" D said elated.

"I don't think it is a good idea, the boy has barely slept." Dr. Markle denied.

"We don't have time" D shouted angrily "we have caught few suspects and they have admitted that there is very limited time. Something major is going to happen. We need to know about that."