Z'ton's Fury

[3rd POV - Narrator]

"I... simply agreed to bring their prophecy to life." The Chief Priestess simply stated. There was a hint of hesitation as well as shame hidden in her voice. The thoughts of what she had to do for her freedom on this planet washed over her, instantly filling her with guilt.

"Captain... I beg you to find another method to free my only child. Not only would her father not forgive me, but she would be traumatized by what these 'men' had me succumb to. They believe I am some goddess named A'loba that has come to bring good to their planet. I only arrived for Starfleet command. I lost far too many men and women here. I cannot lose my only daughter." She pleaded with the only man she felt could save her and her daughter. She, the only woman with power on this planet, was begging for help from a simple human man.

"What is it they made you do, Mrs. (Y/LN)?" Spock inquired quickly, raising an eyebrow at the hesitation in the woman's voice. She stuttered and only lowered her head, "please do not question what I had to do.... just help my daughter that she may not have to suffer the same decisions that I had to make."

The Captain was uneasy with the Priestess' statement. He knew it must have been ungodly what she did to wind up as the leader of this poorly developed civilization. But that was one of his lesser concerns. He knew a way to free Lieutenant (Y/LN), but it would require Spock as well as possibly angering the lingering natives nearby.

"Before we can help, Mrs. (Y/LN), I must warn you that we come here as Starfleet officials and I find there is irreversible damage done to this colony. This is reason enough to place you under arrest and take into Starfleet for further action." He spoke with authority, anger hiding under his formality. If this woman was the cause of death for the previous landing party as well her own landing party, it had to be reported to find a solution for this planet. Until then, he had to help the mad woman to free her daughter and his lieutenant.

——————————————

It was unsightly, disgusting and unheard of for Z'ton, the man hiding amongst the many curtains and cushions within that tent. He was standing guard, watching and listening as the Chief Priestess exchanged her precious and holy words with strangers from the skies. It was betrayal that he had witnessed. The Chief Priestess began to beg these other men for help, help that he could easily offer her if she had just spoken to him like these outsiders.

Anger welled up in his chest, jealousy perhaps, upon hearing her utter the word "husband" and "daughter". The Chief Priestess was not the pure one that was prophesied by his people. The woman that had led him and the men on this planet was a fraud. It was something many had suspected before, but like the fool he was, Z'ton defended the Chief Priestess. Fully believing her to be the savior that would bring peace and evolution to his men, he followed her blindly.

"There must be something that can be done to break her free from this grasp." The woman pleaded, weakly, pitifully, at the base of the outsiders' feet.

Such a powerful being should never bow to inferior races. That is what she told me. It was her first words upon landing here with the group of men.

"There can be something done, Priestess. It is known as the Vulcan Mind Meld." The Captain, Z'ton presumed, spoke rather calmly. "If you will allow Mr. Spock to place his hands on your daughter's face for a short moment, he can free her."

"NO!" The booming voice of Z'ton filled the tent, the curtain his body hid behind torn right off the wall. "No man... must touch.... woman." He growl in an ape-like fashion. "Man touch woman, man must die!"

The Captain and Mr. Spock rose to their feet quickly preparing for any sort of conflict. They exchanged a glance and nodded slowly.

"You must calm down, Z'ton. We only wish to fix Lieutenant (Y/N). She cannot function like this. It is unfair for her not to function properly." Captain Kirk spoke slowly, analyzing the primitive male before them.

"Z'ton! Stand down. These men do not come to hurt! They come to help." The Priestess began to command much to no avail. It only aggravated the man.

"These men have come to destroy much like your men have. Two men lost in jungle, shot our men in fear and now you beg them for help? Are we not sufficient enough, Priestess? You promised to rule over us and protect us as long as we provided for and served you. We had no desires as you stated. We only followed the prophesy...." his words began to interchange from advanced English to primitive attempts at the language.

"But prophesy states, Priestess A'loba, a pure woman touched by no man would come and bring advancement to us. You are not truth!" He yelled, baring his teeth like an animal. "You bring destruction! You bring more like you! You must die like the others you killed!"

"Now hold on a moment, Z'ton. I can help you rebuild. We can help you achieve the peace you desperately seek, Z'ton." Kirk raised his hands in a motion to lower Z'ton's anger.

"You cannot bring peace here. You only bring more men like you." Z'ton lowered his voice, no longer easily excitable. "There is only one who can bring peace and she must be untouched by man."

"Who told you the one that brings peace must be a woman untouched by man?" Kirk inquired, seeing the questions eased the agitated native. "Was it your current Priestess, Z'ton? The same woman to tell you that a 'man who speaks is a man who seeks'?"

The question made Z'ton pause in his thinking. There was a prophesy that a being from the light would bring peace and unity to his planet. It was told through ancient performance and dance. He shook his head.

"Z'ton, could it perhaps be you are searching for someone who has not be touched by man's corruption? Someone pure of heart, to lead you into the peace you so desire?" Mr. Spock began to question and probe the man's mind. This sparked a response. Z'ton knew now what they needed, but what they wanted was unreachable.

"It is her." He pointed at the immovable body of Lieutenant (Y/N). "She is the one to bring peace to us."

"She cannot and will not stay, Z'ton." Spock stately abruptly. "Reason being, she has already been touched by man." Spock stepped closer to (Y/N). "She was touched earlier by Lieutenant Matthews, when you frightened her, if you can recall." Mr. Spock then reached (Y/N) and began to position himself for a Vulcan Mind Meld.

Z'ton panicked and stepped closer only to be stopped by Kirk, "Take another step and I will be forced to use my brute force against you, Z'ton. You must let him free her mind if you expect her to make any changes around here."

"I can free her! Do not touch her!" Z'ton yelled in an anxious fury. "You will doom our planet if you do so! We need the savior!" He launched himself in the hopes of getting past Kirk, only to be stopped mid jump. With a pound thud he was back onto the floor. "Please... you must respect our culture... it is your law." He began as he stood once again, preparing to attack Kirk.

"That will be quite enough, Mr. Spock. You are far too close for comfort." A female voice exclaimed.