It is Great to See You, Mother.

[1st POV - You]

I vaguely remember my past, my mother, and the times my father was actually "happy". It was not too long ago, really, but long enough to leave an impact in my life. Yes, it was a time I wish could last forever. But it ended quickly when Mother decided to leave our world and our family.

Why am I suddenly remembering these memories? Is it because my mother is next to me, now?

I thought to turn my head to have a look at my mother next to me, but my body refused to respond until much later. My mind, soul, and passions had all been held captive by some stronger force in my mind. While I was unable to maintain control of myself, my body remained calm and immovable.

I've got to remember something from my readings if I expect to find a way out of this mind control. There has to be something that I have read or learned while at the Academy.

As I sat with my Mother, the Chief Priestess, familiar voices entered the spacious room we both sat in. The easily excitable tone of the Captain and the easily fascinated bore, Mr. Spock. That meant they were separated from Matthews and O'Connor at the same time we were.

I have got to get a message out to them, somehow. To function in my body now is mostly useless at this rate.

Hearing the Captain calling out to me made me want to respond quickly, but my body refused. The conversation between him and my mother filled my mind with anxiety. It almost made me understand why Vulcans learned to rid themselves of the emotions.

"What do you mean this planet did not have travelers before us? We have proof of a small landing party that arrived to explore and study your people and planet." Captain Kirk spoke to my "mother" with an intensity that I had not seen before. "Z'ton then told us they were attacked by your planet's creature. Which is it, Priestess? Did they or did they not explore your lands?"

"Captain, I understand your agitation in this situation. I will explain everything to you once the banquet has been fully prepared. Until then, please tell me how you and my daughter met. I am most intrigued to learn how she arrived on this planet." My mother calmed the Captain down as he sat alongside Spock on the cushions before us. My hand twitched at the sound of my name being discussed.

If I can only get the attention of either Spock or Captain Kirk.

Time had passed by until the males of this planet arrived with their versions of food, placing it all before us in an elaborate setting. Once the food was served, they quickly left the tent only leaving the four of us inside.

"Now that the banquet has been prepared you can answer our questions, Chief Priestess." Captain Kirk barked. "I am growing impatient and cannot accept silence any longer."

"I understand, Captain. I will answer your questions." My mother nodded her head gently. "I must apologize for my people, the men in particular. They are quick to take advantage of their opportunities that come into their lives. It was so when I first arrived on this planet."

While I listened to them speak, I was still unable to move or speak. I was growing desperate to speak and move on my own.

"So there were other explorations here, then Chief Priestess. Why did you tell us there were no other explorations just hours before?" Captain Kirk's voice began to lower as if to hide a secret.

My mother nodded her head slowly and glanced at me, "You see, Captain, my daughter... is the reason I had to explore space. Her safety is of utmost importance." She grew gentle in her words as she reached for my hand. "Captain... My husband, the Admiral (Y/LN), was supposed to go on this mission years before you were even entering the Academy. When he learned I was carrying his daughter, well, he asked to be removed from that as long as it would take to raise our child."

"How does that explain why you are here?" Mr. Spock inferred.

"Starfleet allowed him to stay on the condition that either I or she serve his missed space service. Naturally, I offered myself. My husband and I fought about it often until the time came where (Y/N) was of age to begin space exploration. When she showed a growing interest in attending Starfleet Academy, we both naturally grew fearsome of her exploring the unknown space world. So, before she could learn of her father's debt, I volunteered myself for the next known space mission. I never expected her to enter the Starfleet let alone board a starship." My mother sighed in despair. "I was told I would only be here for a few years and would return once I gathered intel on this planet and those who inhabit it."

"And what happened, Mrs. (Y/LN). Why were you stranded here?" Mr. Spock asked.

"A planet full of men. That is what happened, Vulcan." She responded, rather distastefully, "Men who have never seen a woman that appears like them act out in strange ways, wouldn't you agree, Captain?" With a tilt of her head and a small, sarcastic smirk appeared on her dainty lips. "Anyways, once my party and I landed here all the men were instantly killed and the two other females including myself held hostage by some sort of mind control. It is the same type that my daughter is currently under."

"I had reason to believe your daughter was under some sort of control or perhaps an illness of some type." Mr. Spock nodded his head as he crossed his arms, deep in thought. Or so, I believed since I only knew the Vulcan for a few days before our party's landing.

"It would seem you know my daughter well, Vulcan." My mom smirked, teasingly towards my way. If I could move, I would quickly cover her mouth to prevent any wrong ideas.

"It is simply my logical duty to have a good understanding of all those aboard the Enterprise, Mrs. (Y/LN). Your daughter and I have only formally known each other for two days and 14 hours. We are not amongst what you humans would call a 'friendship level'." Mr. Spock was quick to deny anything between us. Logical. However, it only caused my mother to laugh out loud.

"It would seem I have no reason for concern. My daughter is in good hands. I am relieved." She smiled gently.

"Yes, she would be in better hands if we could learn to break her current mental state." Captain Kirk spoke, relieving me of my nerves. "It would seem she is anxious to get her body back." Captain Kirk smiled towards me to which I could not respond.

"Yes, Mrs. (Y/LN). How is that you broke free of the mind control? And what happened to the other females that were with you?" Mr. Spock asked out of curiosity, spreading a thick cloud of discomfort among us.

"I.. simply agreed to bring their prophecy to life."