The Chief Priestess

[1st POV - You]

My head was pounding as I had awoken from a nap of some sort. My eyes fluttered open as I felt my sore body resting on cushions that not even star bases had. As I began to move my body and sit up I realized I was not on the Enterprise nor was I home on Starbase.

I could have sworn I was just with the Captain and Commander. Why am I lying on top of these pillows? More importantly, why am I dressed in this strange get-up?

"(Y/N), good morning sweetheart. I've made you some breakfast. You must be starving after that 5-year journey." I heard my mother's voice speak to me sweetly as realized my surroundings were my childhood home. My heart began to turn in bittersweet anguish. This was not right.

Why is mom here...? She shouldn't be here...

As I approached what I believed to be my old dining table, I smelled the unmistakable scent of my mother's cooking, her famous pancakes, and sausage patties to be exact. Tears threatened to escape my eyes as I sat down and got a look at my mother. She was just as young and beautiful as I could remember. Her long brown hair was tied up neatly in a braid that rested upon her shoulders. Her golden eyes staring lovingly into mine.

"M-mom... Why are you here..? You've been gone for so long..." my voice trembled and wavered from both excitement and fear. Mother had died, according to my... father... some years ago. She wasn't able to attend my graduation ceremony nor was she able to help me pursue my career as a Starfleet officer. I remember the day he came home with the news. He was as stoic and emotionless as ever. If that man had any emotions, that day would have been the perfect day to expose them.

He never explained how Mother died. We never held a proper service for her, either. I've grown with a nagging belief she was alive out there somewhere but was quickly shut down. I never expected I would find my mother on this strange planet.

"I have much to explain, child. But for now, eat. You must be starving." She spoke kindly as she placed the food before me and reached her hand out to caress my face. Her hand was so soft, lightly and gently lifting my chin to look at me. My heart suddenly began to pound in a panicked manner. Something was not right here. My body felt danger although I should feel welcomed and appreciated here. I should feel safe.

"Peace, my child. All is well. I promise you are safe here." She spoke again, her voice echoing in my head.

Run, (Y/N)! You have got to run! Get out of here. Find the captain! Find Mr. Spock. Find someone! Anyone!

"Yes, Mother. I am safe here." I responded to her robotically, unwillingly. "I belong here, Mother."

We have to get out of here.

[1st POV - Spock]

Upon entering the tent where Z'ton had shown us, the Captain and I were both disturbed to find Lieutenant (Y/LN) sitting at the head of it alongside that of an older woman. She was motionless, sitting absolutely straight and dressed in the clothing similar to that of the woman next to her. The attire was revealing, much more so than that of Z'ton's loincloth previously. It was fashioned with colorful golden fabric along with jewels along the waist. It appeared the people of this planet were rather underdeveloped and still held jewels in high value. It was interesting.

"Lieutenant!" The Captain exclaimed as he saw her, sitting there emotionless. She did not respond, neither physically nor vocally. I tilted my head only slightly at the sight.

"Fascinating." I simply spoke as I had remembered the "rules" of this planet. The woman at the left of Lieutenant (Y/LN) suddenly stood, her face showing emotional lacking but true leader authority.

It is logical to believe this is the Chief Priestess. I must warn the Captain.

"What man dares to speak in the presence of the Chief Priestess?!" The Chief Priestess exclaimed, silencing any form of music or entertainment. Captain Kirk stood straight, not expecting the response.

[3rd POV - Narrator]

"Please forgive them, Milady. They are not from our planet." Z'ton, the strange man that led Lieutenant (Y/N) to the encampment, spoke up quickly and bowed his head quickly. They came with your daughter and come searching for her. I assume they are friends to your child. I have found them wandering the Roiqoui Forest."

Chief Priestess held her gaze on the two strangers before her. Her gaze landed on Mr. Spock, the Vulcan. A smile spread on her once emotionless face.

"I see. Welcome them in, then. Prepare a banquet. They must be exhausted from their 5-year journey." Her silky voice became enticing to the ears of Z'ton who quickly bowed once more and ran off to prepare the meal.

The Captain, desperate for answers, spoke out once more. "I do not wish to offend the High Priestess, but I must know where are my men and women from the prior expedition. I have two men lost in the jungle of yours and why is my lieutenant seated next to you?"

The Priestess continued to smile, only focusing on the Vulcan. "Normally, I would punish a man such as yourself for speaking most offensively to me. However, I will excuse you as you are not from here and you have returned my daughter to me. To answer your questions, though, it must wait until the banquet is prepared. Until then, please make yourselves comfortable here. I have plenty willing to accommodate your needs."

"I only have a need to find my men and women." Captain Kirk responded. "As soon as I can locate them, we will no longer pester you."

"I am afraid I have no idea where your people are, Captain. There has been no travel on this planet prior to your arrival." The Chief Priestess' words echoed among the Captain's brain, leaving him totally confused. Where were his people? Why is Lieutenant (Y/LN) just seated there, mindless? Who was this Priestess?