Chapter 30: Witness

Start from the beginning

Jieun reasoned out and started to get busy with the dishes again. And the old woman had no choice but to let her do what she wants.

"Ok, since your my sajangnim's wife to be then I have to obey you as well."

The old woman remarked with a tight-lipped smile. Which again made Jieun's mouth fell in disbelief.

"Please, Mrs. Choi. Your boss and I are just girlfriends, we just met two weeks ago and she's claiming me her wife when she doesn't even-"

She paused, and couldn't continue because of the fact that it is what it is. Lisa doesn't love her yet and calling her that for some good laugh is something she wouldn't tolerate no matter how good it sounds.

It gives her some slight hope that the tall girl really wants to marry her. When in reality they couldn't even exchange I love you's to each other.

"Hmm, you look deeply bothered about something?"

Mrs. Choi said, snapping the small girl out of her deep thoughts.

"Hmm, if you don't mind. You can tell me anything, or ask. It will lessen the burden if you share it with someone else. Don't worry agasshi I'm very good at keeping secrets."

The old woman insisted. And gave her an assuring smile. Jieun sighed, and look to where Lisa left before she decided to ask the old woman.

"I know about her feelings for her best friend. But I still wanted to keep our relationship, and I think her best friend has the same feelings for her that she's not telling Lisa."

"And although Lisa kept assuring me that she will not leave me over her best friend, I can't help but feel anxious. Is it wrong if I want to keep Lisa by myself? I feel like I'm being selfish and it's bothering me so much." Jieun added, mumbling while keeping her head low.

"Oh, I knew it, it's about Ms. Kim. Hmm, you're in a very difficult situation I see-"

Mrs. Choi muttered, cupping her chin and thinking deeply.

"But no matter how much I look at it, you have all the right to be selfish agasshi. Did Sajangnim asks you to be her girlfriend?" Mrs. Choi asked with narrowed eyes.

Jieun nods.

"Then, she has to treat you right. Because that's what you deserve for entrusting her your heart. Having you feel this way means she's not giving you enough assurance. Oh I'm so sorry Ms. Lee. That kid still needs to learn a lot."

The old woman said looking disappointed while she patted the small girl gently on the back to comfort the latter.

"It's ok, I'm still learning as well. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, Lisa always assure me that she likes me, and she keep showing me that. I guess I need to have more faith in her."

The small girl chuckled, to lighten up the mood before Lisa goes back and see them with a sullen look. The last thing she wants to happen is Lisa losing her interest in her because she's always being doubtful of her.

-------

Lisa Pov

I excused myself after our dinner, and head at the balcony to check my phone, Jennie has been calling me the whole day. And I just turned off my phone on hers, I bet she's mad right now.

My brows furrowed, wondering why the hell would she keep calling me today? Isn't she with her boyfriend?

But when I took out my phone, and open it again. My lips pursed, as I started to think whether to call her back or not. I mean she's still my best friend, I think there's nothing wrong checking on her to ask the reason why she's been calling my phone a lot today.