Chapter 62: Run

3rd person POV

I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this!

The League led Emi and Aizawa down a hallway that became increasingly familiar. Emi began to remember more and more of the layout of this building as their captors dragged them into a room that made Aizawa shutter. The door shut behind them and Emi's eyes widened in fear.

No. No, please no!

In front of them sat not one, but two of the chairs from her dream. One of them looked relatively new and the other showed wear on the wrist straps. The helmets were already hooked up to the machine and sat on a small shelf attached above the chairs.

Emi and Aizawa struggled against their captors vainly as they threw them into the chairs and strapped them in.

"Let her go you bastards!" Aizawa shouted with rage.

"Wait... Oh~ I see!" Toga squealed, skipping over to Aizawa's ear so only he could hear.

"You like her, don't you?~" she giggled.

Aizawa shot daggers at the blonde schoolgirl out of the corner of his eye, not saying anything. Toga giggled once more then skipped back over to Shigaraki. "Hey, Shigaraki! Guess what!"

"I know." he said, before she could continue.

"Aww. You spoiled my fun..." she pouted, going to sit on a small counter in the room.

"Emi Fukukado..." Shigaraki said, strolling over to her chair as she struggled. "Otherwise known as Ms.Joke; the Smile Hero. Well, that's if you can even call yourself a Hero anymore." The blue haired villain then strolled over to the dark haired Hero.

*video at the top*

"And you. How are you any better?" he chuckled, looking to his colleagues. "Why do human think they can rectify one evil with another? I mean; this is truly the first time this reptile has truly loved a woman, and this is his reward!"

He then turned back towards Emi and raised his hand.

"Get away from her!" Aizawa growled, pulling against his restraints.

Aizawa heard a loud, hard smack as he looked over to see Emi's face thrown to the side, blood coming out of her mouth.

"Isn't it funny?" Dabi said, getting in Aizawa's vengeful face. "The one who cause all of this pain to her is going to be here all the way to the end!"

"What do you mean?" Aizawa said, praying Dabi didn't mean what he thought he meant.

"Oh, just that you're what we used as prerogative to give in to the brainwashing! I mean the things you said to her? Perfect! They were the perfect formula to brainwash her into joining us!"

So I did do this to her...It's all my fault.

Aizawa hung is head defeated, not daring to meet Emi's eyes.

"No, don't be like that," Dabi said, forcing Aizawa's head to look at the screen to his left. "We want you to see it too..."

Images and clips flashed across the screen, showing all the horrible things he did and said to her; the things that they tortured her with. He was filled with shame and rage.