Chapter 60: The Date

Hey! I just wanted to say thank you to @pheonixAU for nominating me in the BNHA 2019 story awards! please follow the link below if you like this story and vote "Smile for Me" by @Sarah_B04 in section 8: "Best character x character story"! It would mean the world to me if you'd vote for me by putting that! Thank you all so much!!

-Sarah

****************************************

Aizawa POV

"So, where are we headed, Shouta?" Emi said cheerfully as she practically skipped down the sidewalk.

At least she seems in a better mood now that I'm taking her out.

"It's a small ramen shop a few minutes from here. They may not have much popularity, but they're the best around."

"Just like you!" Emi said with a small giggle.

"Damn it.." Aizawa muttered, covering the lower half of his face with the scarf Emi gave him to hide his otherwise obvious blush.

This shouldn't work on you, Shouta...

Emi looked at him with a somewhat confused expression as they finally got to the restaurant. They walked inside and sat down at a two person table, noticing they were the only ones there. The waiter came up to the table, took their orders, then went off to the kitchen after getting them some hot water for tea.

"Hey, Shouta? What's that?" Emi asked, pointing to his arm.

He looked down at his wrist where she was pointing to see the bracelet. He pulled the bracelet up on his wrist and ran his fingers over the brightly colored beads.

"Remember that dream you had where you tried to give me a birthday present, and I was rude?" he said.

She looked down at her tea and nodded.

"Well, this is it."

Emi looked up in shock. "You...kept it? I thought you rejected it...."

"That's what Maniacal wanted you to believe, but did you ever actually see me reject it? I mean, sure I was rude, but I took the present."

Emi smiled softly, taking a sip of her lemongrass tea.

"Well, thank you." she said. There was a short pause, with the soft music playing in the background of the small ramen shop. Shouta gazed into Emi's crystal blue eyes in half masked adoration before slowly reaching his hand out to cover hers.

"Emi...I-"

"Here you are." the waiter said as he placed their dinner before them. "Can I get you anything else?"

"No, you've done enough." Aizawa said with a passive aggressive snarl.

"Thank you!" Emi called after the waiter. "Sorry, Shouta. What were you going to say?"

"....Nothing important." he mumbled, looking off to the side.

"Shouta," Emi said, moving her hand over the hand covering hers, meeting his eyes. "your feelings are important too. You haven't talked to me about how your feeling the entire time we've been... together, for lack of a better term. I know I've been through hell, but you were tortured for Gods sake! Please, just...talk to me? I know we agreed that I've been through 'worse', but I'd feel a lot better of you talked to be a bit too."