Chapter 20: My Fault

Aizawa POV

I thought I was getting better....but I'm not.

Why does it still feel like a fresh wound?

Isn't it supposed to get better by now?

Aizawa looked down at the bracelet in his hands, his fingers tracing each bead, knowing each one was placed on the string with love.

Why did I....Why didn't I....

He looks in the mirror, knowing that he looks like hell.

"Why couldn't I save her?"

He leans over the bathroom sink, placing the bracelet to the side.

*mew?*

The kitten walks into the bathroom and rubs against his legs. Trying to comfort him.

"Not now, Sumairu.."

*mew!* the kitten says with determination.
She runs around to the toilet and struggles to get on top of it. Once she does, she uses her place on the toilet lid to try to jump the the sink right next to it. She jumped, and Aizawa realized she was going to miss, and he caught her.

"Why would you..." he asks the kitten.

*mew!* Sumairu seems to smile at him.

"Don't worry. I promise I'll catch you. I always will..."  he says as he sets the kitten down on the sink, then gets on his knees so he's at eye level with her.

She looks at him quizzically, then walks over to his face, and sits.

*mew?*

"No.."

*Mew!* the kitten persists as she licks his nose.

"No!" He says, shaking.

the kitten persists to try to comfort him.

"I CAN'T, EMI!!" he finally shouts.

He sinks farther down, so he's sitting with his knees on either side of him in front of the bathroom sink. He shakes, clutching his shirt, trying to hold onto something, anything to help him.

Sumairu jumps down, crawls under his hair and curls up in between his knees.

Aizawa continues to shake, then begins to cry, holding onto the kitten.

"You... you remind me so much of her." he smiles softly.

*mew* the kitten seemed to whisper words of encouragement to the shaking Hero.

He sat there on the bathroom floor, holding his new friend for what seemed like forever.

Finally, he decided to get up. Holding the ginger-tabby, he walks into the kitchen, now not only looking like hell, but feeling like it too. He put some more cat food in Sumairu's bowl, and made himself some coffee. After he calmed himself down and drank the whole cup, he took a deep breath.

Calm down, Shota. Just go take a shower; you look like crap.

He listened to his own advice, and went to take a shower. Afterwards, he brushed out his hair, and put it up into a messy bun to get it out of the way.

I'm grateful to have the day off.. That way I can do this crap in peace.

He made himself some lunch and sat down at the kitchen table.

I've got to get a hold of myself...

"She's gone, Shota. You need to come to terms with that." he said to himself.

He looked over at the picture he had recently pulled out of storage and framed on his coffee table.

Though he wasn't smiling in the picture, he knew that all those two wanted to do was get him to do just that for the picture

//////////memory///////////

"Come on, Eraser! Just one itsy-bitsy smile for the camera?" she smiled.

"No."

"Come on, Aizawa! Just do what she says." Mic pleaded, "We still don't have a picture of us all together, and want it to at least look like you like us!"

"You know, you're gonna be a real pain on our wedding day, I can already tell." Ms.Joke huffs jokingly.

Mic busts out laughing at the joke, and the timer on the camera goes off accidentally.

/////////////////////////////////////

He picks up the picture and smiles at the two jokesters.

*mew?* The kitten seems to ask.

"This is me," he points in the picture, "This is Mic, and this..." he takes a moment.

"This is Emi Fukukado. A Hero."

A sudden and persistent banging is then heard on his door that breaks him from the spell of the picture.

He walks over to the door and answers to see an out of breath Present Mic.

"Mic? What-"

"Aizawa, you need to come quick!"

Aizawa looks at him in confusion.

"It's the League of Villains. They're back."

********************************************

IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOOOOOWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

Y'all ain't ready for this uwu.

-Sarah