Chapter 46: Merry Christmas, Emi

Aizawa POV

He awoke to someone shaking him. He opened his eyes to see Ms.Joke hovering over him, grinning ear to ear with excitement.

"Merry Christmas Eraser!!" she said.

He wiped the sleep from his eyes and looked over at the clock.

8:30 am...Well, at least she waited that long.

He looked up at her again and realized that she wasn't just hovering over him, she was hovering on top of him. She looked unashamed as well. She was on all fours trying to get him up, shaking him while climbing back to the floor.

"Geez, you're a heavy sleeper, Shouta! Should've guessed." she smiled, apparently not realizing the sight he woke up to. "I had to shake you quite a bit to get you awake!"

He rolled over, trying to get that stupid pink dust off his cheeks. "What do you want?" he said, trying to cover his stutter with annoyance.

"It's Christmas, Shouta! It's time for you to open your present!" she said gleefully.

"Present? You...got me a present?" he said, rolling back over and sitting up.

"Well, yeah! Come on, I can't wait anymore!" she said tugging his arm.

He reluctantly got up out of bed and let her drag him into the living room, seeing the small Christmas tree they had set up together last night.

******Flashback to last night********

"Shouta, look what I got while I was out with Nemuri!"

"A Christmas tree?"

"Well, yeah! You don't have one, so I thought I'd get your house into the Christmas spirit! I know you don't like having a whole bunch, so I just got the tree and some ornaments! Come one! We'll set it up together!"

"...Fine." he succumbed to her positivity and helped her put up the tree.

Once he finished putting the small pieces together and putting it on the coffee table, Christmas music started to play. He glanced over his shoulder to see that Emi had pulled up the music on his phone and had put it in a cup to amplify the sound. She started to dance a little and bounced over to help him spread out the "leaves".

Once they were done, they started to put the small red and green bulbs on the tree. Emi was dancing to the music while doing it, and Aizawa was softly humming to the music, not loud enough for her to hear, though.

"There! Now, for the finishing touch!" Emi bounced excitedly as Aizawa raised an eyebrow. she waddled around the corner and pulled out two wires: one running to the tree and one to a small nearby outlet. She raised the two wires dramatically over her head.

"Let there be LIGHT!!" she shouted as she connected the wires and the small tree lit up with small golden lights. The tired hero had to admit it looked pretty nice.

"So, what do you think?" she asked.

"It looks...nice. Thank you, Emi." he said, meeting her gaze lazily.

She blushed at the sound of her name on his lips.

"N-no problem!"

**************************

Under the small tree was a single bag with snowflakes on it.

"Well? What are you waiting for?" she said.

He walked over and sat on the couch, picking up his gift and setting it in his lap. She sat down next to him and grinned excitedly. He reached into the bag and pulled out...a doll?
It was a doll of her; to be more specific, the doll she was playing with in the store when they found Nemuri. She pulled the string for him and the doll spoke.