Dance wars!

It was finally time for the get together. It was held in a beautiful hall right in the hotel. Samantha was running late. She couldn't find her black high heels in her suitcase. "Where are they?"she aaked feeling fraustrated. "Oh there you are!" She grabbed them and put them on. They went perfectly with her long, beige,silver dress. She she parted her hair in the middle and curled the bottom part. When she entered the hall, tyler was already there talking to some guy. When he saw her, he couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked. He didn't realise he was staring until she glanced at him. He then quickly looked away. A few mintutes later, kathy arrived. Kathy loves to go all out when it comes to dressing up. Her dresa was light pink and it looked like one you would see in a cinderella story. She had her hair up in a bun. Tyler knew she looked beautiful, but kathy didnt hold him captive like Samantha did. "Why?" He wondered.

Kathy walked up to tyler. "Hi Ty!" She exclaimed. "So how do i look?" She asked twirling. "You look amazing like you always do." Tyler said. "Aww your the sweetest!" She said. "Oh sammie! Come here!" She said. "Kathy, You look beautiful." Samantha told her. "Thanks sammie!" Kathy said. "You look beautiful too!" Kathy exclaimed. " Doesnt she look look beautiful tyler?" Samantha could feel her heart beating faster. She got nervous, " why am i so nervous? Why do i still care whether or not he thinks i look good!"
Tyler knew how beautiful she looked, but instead he said, "she looks okay i guess." "Ty!" Kathy whispered "don't be rude!' Samantha just rolled her eyes feeling a little bad.

She went to the bar and took a seat. Away from tyler and kathy. Just then, she noticed jake enter. "He had a bouquet of flowers in his hand. He first went over to kathy and tyler and gave them the flowers "congratulations" jake said. "Thank you!" Kathy said. "You must be the lucky guy." Jake said as he shook Tyler's hand. "Yes that would be me." Tyler said smiling. Kathy noticed jake constantly looking towards Samantha's direction. Kathy smiled and said, "its alright jake you can go meet sammie." Jake smiled and went over to meet kathy. "Wh-who was that?" Tyler asked trying to sound casual. "Oh sammie met him at the airport and i think she likes him!" Kathy said smiling. "Really," he replied trying not to sound interested, but in reality, he felt dissappointed and a little down for some reason when he heard this. He watched as jake went over to samantha and hugged her. She was smiling and saying something to him.

"Jake I'm so glad you could make it!" Samantha said. "Yeah well its an excuse to meet you right?" Jake chuckled. Samantha felt like blushing.

"Alright everyone!" Kathy said as she went up on stage to address about the at least 100 people there. "Thank you all so much for coming! Tyler and I are really happy. And um... just eat relax and have fun!!!" She said. Everyone clapped. " oh and also the DJ is taking requests so feel free to tell him what u wanna hear!" Kathy said. "But I'll take the first shot!" Kathy whispered something into the DJ's ears. Then beforw they knew it, " thinking" out loud started playing. Samantha watched as kathy descended the stairs and tyler took her hand. They positoned themselves on an empty spot on the floor along with at least 20 other couples and they all started waltzing slowly. "Uh wanna dance?" Jake asked shyly, scratching the back of his head. "Sure." Samantha smiled at him. He took her hand and they went over to where tyler andkathy were. They started dancing. As they danced, jake said, "You look really beautiful." "Thank you," samantha replied. "You look good too." She told him. Just then she noticed tyler and kathy dancing. They were smilimg, "they look so happy," she thought. "I hate myself for letting this bother me. They love eachother I'm such a terrible cousin." she thought. Tyler looked at samantha and jake dancing. He saw the way jake looked at her while they were dancing and for some reason he felt really angry. "She has every right to be with someone else." He tried to convince himself.  Then both of their eyes met coincidentally.  Samantha forced herself to look away. He looked away too.
"Hey sammie! Wanna switch partners?" Kathy asked. "What? No!" Samantha exclaimed. Things were already awkward enough and her dancing with tyler would be the icing  on the cake. "Thats not necessary." Tyler put in.  "Come on ty! I need to get to know this guy better, in a few months he might end up being my cousin-in-law!" Kathy said laughing. This made tyler very uncomfortable and a little jealous not because of kathy dancing with someone else but because of her saying that jake could be Samantha's husband one day. "What! Kathy stop it!" Samantha exclaimed feeling embarrased. "Its okay," jake said. "I dont mind." They switched parthers and tyler and samantha ended up dancing. Samantha ended up stepping on Tyler's shoe. He flinched a little. "Are dancing or imitating a monkey!?" He yelled. " that was rude!" She exclaimed. "Thank god i didn't say sorry!" She told him, rolling her eyes. "Yeah you were never really known for your manners." Tyler said as he leaned her back while dancing. She got a little scared thinking he would drop her. "I'm known for being mannerly to people who deserve it!" She said. He swiftly pulled her up. "Oh yeah!" He scowled. "Yes and incase you dont know, you dont deserve manners!" She shot back as he spun her around.  He quickly pulled her back close to him. "You're just trying to defend your unmannerlyness!" He snapped. "is that even a word?" She asked. "No genius!" He said as he lifted her up and spun around. She couldn't think of anything else to say so she just rolled her eyes. And then he put her down. Before they knew it, people were clapping and cheering for them. They most forgot they were in a room full of people dancing. Samantha and tyler looked around awkawardly.
"Wow! Tyler, sammie I never knew you guys could dance like that!" Kathy exclaimed! "You guys were awesome!" Jake added smiling. Samantha didn't know how to react, so did tyler. They just smiled.