Chapter 16 - Questions and cooking

Start from the beginning

"I quite like this house as it is."

"Meaning?"

"I don't need you to burn it down when you try to cook."

"I wouldn't!!"

"Hmph. Fine, what do you want to make?"

"How about simple cooked rice and vegetables?"

"Whatever."

"And off to cook we go!" Exclaimed the girl in excitement.
_______________________________________
×30 minutes later×

"Uh, Kashi?"

"What?"

"What do you do when the pan sets on fire?"

"What?"
Confusion was evident from his expression.

The smell of smoke fleeted into the room and Kakashi worriedly hurried to his kitchen.

"Shit!"

Thanks to his quick thinking, Kakashi managed to cease the fire with salt and a cloth. There wasn't any major damage done to the surroundings, although the pan was a hopeless case.

"Y/N..."

A murderous look was clear on Kakashi's face.

"Um... I'm, uh, I'm very sorry"

"You will be sorry"

"What?...No... No, you dare do that..."

"Oh, I dare."

Y/N started running away from the silvernette as he chased her.

But eventually after long minutes of running, Y/N became tired and gave up - ultimately leading to Kakashi's victory.

"Now..."

The girl gulped and stared with wide eyes at the spoonful of black, coal-like rice.

She began to shake her head in refusal as Kakashi was about to force feed her.

A few millimetres before her lips the spoon stopped in its tracks. She opened her eyes to a nearly laughing Kakashi.

"Wait... you... you're laughing? For real?"

"What? No."
It was evident from his voice that he was close to laugher, but in the end, Kakashi remained Kakashi. The silvernette began to speak:

"But-"

"Eh? But what?"

"Let me finish. But instead, you are cleaning the kitchen."

Y/N whined and moaned for the following five minutes but gave up with a defeated sigh.
_______________________________________
"Finally done!"

Y/N threw herself onto the blankets which she had earlier laid out on the floor, previously used as a comfortable seat.

"You should probably go to sleep - it's late."

"Yeah, you're right."

The kunoichi began to gather her belongings into a hand-made bag.

"What are you doing?"

"Baking biscuits. What do you think? Im packing."

"Firstly, please do not bake ever again. Secondly, it's already late, so you can stay here. There's a spare room at the end of the corridor. No discussion."

"But- why?"

"Because you need a place to stay, correct? Take this as me feeling extremely nice today."

A smile creeped onto her face.

"Thank you, again."

"Whatever. Now go to sleep."

A strange pair of friends they were indeed.
_______________________________________

"No... don't do it. Why..."
Words fell out of Y/N's mouth as she tensed in her sleep, failing in resting. Sweat formed on her forehead and her body moved constantly.

"No!" Panting and sweating, Y/N awoke startled in the middle of the night by a horrid nightmare. It was similar to the one from the previous night, but the flames were blue and cold, icy even.

Shivers crawled up her spine as she thought about those flames. They were so unusual. The girl continued shivering and noticed a light blue chakra coating on her pale skin. It didn't hurt like the other ones, but it sure did freeze her from the inside out. She was so cold.

Kakashi entered the room soon after, complaining about the noise but stopped when he saw the layer of chakra. What surprised him the most was that Y/N was just sat there, examining it herself. She wasn't in any pain whatsoever it seemed.

"Y/N? What is that?"

"I d-dont h-have a c-clue. B-but I-I'm-m c-cold-d."

Upon taking a closer look, Y/N's skin was tinted purple. The masked boy wasted no time and brought blankets and two thick covers for her. Before he actually put the covers on her, however, he intertwined his hand with Y/N's hand to check his theory. He too felt the coldness and no pain.

On the other hand, Y/N blushed. The heat from her cheeks spread from her face to the rest of her body a few seconds after. Gradually the warmth became equal and stabilised Y/N's bodily temperature. By this point, (a mere minute later) Kakashi had long released Y/N's hand.

Kakashi noticed colour returning to Y/N's face and exhaled in both confusion and relief.

"Are you still cold?"

"No. What is this?"

"I don't know. But it seems as though it wasn't trying to harm you."

"Yes."

"Anyways, we still have training tomorrow. Goodnight."

"Wait."

He turned around somewhat impatiently.

"C-could I stay in your r-room? I don't want to be alone..."

Kakashi knew what she meant. She had nightmares when she was alone. He had been though the very same thing after his fa- nevermind that.

"So long as you're not annoying."

"Thanks."

Y/N, as ironic as this was, felt happy and gladly picked up her make-shift bed (namely two blankets and a pillow).

Secretly, Kakashi was happy too. Even if he didn't accept it or realise it, Y/N became someone he could call a true friend.

The remainder of the night stayed calm and quiet. The two teens slept in peace.

Maybe, just maybe, if Kakashi had not been so arrogant, maybe then the future would be different.
(That's narrator input btw)

_______________________________________

Right, Chapter 16.

To be honest, I think I might have made Kakashi act out of character, idk.

And yes, this chapter is shorter than the others but that is because I wanted to update and I didn't actually have time to write more.

I've already prolonged the update for at least two weeks or so, I felt kinda bad for it. So I guess you could call this some kind of filler chapter? I'm not sure.

I also have another English assessment, French assessment and maths assessment all next week so I don't know when the next update will be. Lets hope asap.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Feel free to vote and comment!

Have a GREAT day!
(Night?)