Chapter 19.5 - So sleepy...

Y/N, Obito and Rin were ordered to be at the training ground six o'clock sharp by none other than Minato. Tsunade was going to come along too.

So now, at a late evening, close enough to be called twilight, Y/N once again had no idea what to do. In all honesty, she wasn't one to rely on others anymore then she had to. This explains why she was going to quickly go to Kashi's, grab her stuff and find some nice cozy tree to stay in overnight. Perhaps she could get a bit of food too. Sure, she had breakfast and lunch, but nothing more than that - in fact she ate less food at lunch than breakfast (mostly because Kashi' and Obito were in foul moods making her worry).

Well in any case, training had come to an end. Y/N had learned a few tricks with chakra control, Rin had studied medical herbs that could either help her healing ability or make wounds heal quicker, and Obito had learned how to utilise his fireball ninjutsu. They were ready for the chunin exams. Kakashi was there mainly for extra training support but he still hope the best for his teammates.

"Huh its dark."

"No way, its only the middle of the night"
Kashi replied with clear sarcasm.

"HUH- When did you get here?!?!"

Kashi' blinked twice, trying to process what Y/N had just said.
"Because I hadn't left yet?"

"O-oh. Right."

"You really are absent minded."

"I'm what?"

"Exactly."

"Kashi'!"

"What?" He was smirking. Then, a small, almost inaudible laugh could be heard from the white haired boy. A miracle, if anything.

"Did... did you just laugh?"

"Course not. Laughing at you would be a waste of time."
The teasing never stopped.
Y/N glared at him until she burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh nothing~~"

"Y/N..."

"Hmm~?"

"You asked for it."

"Wait wha-"

Kashi' quickly moved behind Y/N and put her in a headlock, messing up her hair completely with the other hand. Y/N was stuck between laughing and trying to pry Kakashi off of her, but in the end she gave up from the exhaustion. Her training was really taking a toll on her.

While giving into exhaustion, Y/N also leaned back where Kashi' just so happened to be - with wide eyes. He didn't really know what to do. Should he push her off? Or leave her be? Take her somewhere so she can rest? Invite her over again?

He really didn't know. The confusion was worsening every second until Y/N spoke for the first time since leaning back.

"You know, I'm glad you're here."

There it was. The reason Kakashi was now blushing, all flustered.

"W-why do you say that out of nowhere?"

"Because you're great."

"Did Tsunade give you alcohol or something?"

"What? No."

"Ohhh so it's the craziness finally setting in."

"Shut uppppp."

Kakashi seemed to forget everything in this moment. Even the fact that he believed Y/N didn't believe in him from her sudden outburst earlier in the day. It didn't matter anymore.

"So... Kashi?"

"What do you want?"

"I was going to ask, why did you and Obito seem distant at lunch? Did I do something to make you mad?"

"..."

"Oh, I see. I'm sorry."

"You don't even know what you're apologising for."

"Not really, but I'm nearly certain it's my fault."

Meanwhile, Y/N was still leaning back into Kashi - mostly because her body was so exhausted. She'd overused her chakra, and now was paying the price.

"You're such an idiot."

"Hey!"

Kakashi rolled his eyes and tried gently move Y/N off of him so he could stand up.

"So tired..." Y/N couldn't really move and was beginning to fall asleep.

However, Kakashi couldn't just move her. He wouldn't. She deserved rest. So, he decided to disturb her a little but it was necessary. He located her stuff and moved her resting form so that he could carry her on his back. He picked Y/N up and then her stuff and set off home.

Home. Kakashi thought. He hadn't called that place home and truly meant it in a long time. It was odd, but quite nice.

He smiled.
_____________________________________________
It's not exactly much, but it's a bit of a chapter.
I thought this would be better than nothing, even after such a hiatus.
Welp, have a bit of Kakashi (and yes, there is a reason why I'm doing this).
Anyways,
HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS SHORT (EXCUSE OF A) CHAPTER!
T

he comments are honestly so fun to read, I love them. Thank you for reading this story ♡♡♡

Have a good night/day.