Chapter 16 - Questions and cooking

WARNING: VULGAR LANGUAGE (SWEARING) AHEAD.

"This is soooo good!! Kashi', can you be my personal chef? How do you even know how to cook anyway? God, this food is delicious!!"

"You ask too many questions."

Even through her vigorous appetite the female glared at the silvernette who simply shrugged it off.

"Well, how about you ask some questions then?"

The male looked at her, raising one eyebrow in confusion.

"You said it yourself that I ask too many questions, so how about you ask some for once?"

"That'd be pointless."

"Oh really?"

"Yes."

"Okay, then I'll just continue asking questions. So, what's your favourite colour?"

"Don't have one."

"Favourite food?"

"Don't know."

"Do you have a crush? You know, a girl you like? Or a boy, I'm not judging."
Y/N smirked mischievously.

Kakashi, on the other hand, stabbed daggers straight into her body with his raven black eyes.

"No one."

"Aww, really? What about Rin?"

"She's on the team so I have to not hate her. Nothing more than a teammate."

Ouch. And to think Rin likes this cold, distant being.

"Things you do away from training?"

"More training."

Y/N started at him in disbelief. How could he train intensely, train more during missions and team fights and then train even more?

"How?!"

"Simple: Just train. It really isn't that hard to understand, now is it?"

He was mocking her; this wasn't going to end well.

"Don't you have a life aside from bloody training? What do you do simply for fun? Or just for relaxing? Do you even have time for breathing at this point?"

Although he would never admit it, Kakashi actually considered those questions and it slightly pained him that Y/N was right. He really didn't do much aside from training. Not that it bothered him all that much, but the way he lived was quite lonely.

Unbeknownst to the masked boy, tears lightly decorated the brims of Y/N's eyes.

The girl knew. She knew about Kakashi's life, his parents and kind of understood him. It's true that Y/N seemed carefree, but in reality, she just didn't want to bother anyone with her problems. She thought that that may be the reason for Kakashi's cold treatment too.

They were both orphans: no parents, siblings or privileges. The weight of responsibility for themselves sometimes could be overwhelming. But they were only kids, just young kids who had not deserved such twisted fates.

The kunoichi had blinked away the salty tears and hesitantly resumed the conversation.

"So,"

"So?"

"Can you teach me how to cook?"

"Uh... I'd rather not."

"What? Whyyy?"