Feng Yuheng nodded and said: “That’s fine. I’ll ride in your imperial carriage! Eunuch Yuan, you come with us. Tell us more about the situation in detail along the way.” After arranging things on this side, she turned and said to Wang Chuan: “Quickly return to the palace and bring my medicine kit.” As she said this, she removed her identification plate and handed it to Wang Chuan: “If you haven’t caught up to us, just use my identification plate to get into the Imperial Palace and search for me in the direction of Zhao He Hall. Xuan Tianming should have received this news already and headed into the palace. Let’s not delay and leave immediately.”

The group moved out with just a few words, immediately dispersing. Feng Yuheng brought Zhang Yuan and Huang Quan into Xuan Tiange’s imperial carriage, racing in the direction of the Imperial Palace. Zhang Yuan analyzed the situation for them from the carriage: “To say that His Majesty became angry because of the eighth prince’s matter, that is definite. But based on this servant’s understanding of His Majesty from being with him for many years, even if he was angry, it should not have reached this point. Looking at it even more broadly, even if he did fall ill from a broken heart, he should not have insisted on making this sort of an imperial decree at a critical moment like this.”

“Why exactly did Imperial Uncle make such a decree?” Xuan Tiange asked with her brows furrowed, “You just said that His Majesty met with Talented Lady Liu? Did Talented Lady Liu request something?”

Zhang Yuan shook his head, “His Majesty did meet with Talented Lady Liu. He initially did not want to see her, but he felt that Talented Lady Liu would be losing her son quite soon. He felt a bit of sympathy for her, thus he met with her. At that time, this servant was also present, and Talented Lady Liu did beg His Majesty to give the eighth prince another chance. After she was refused by His Majesty, she cried for a stint, but there were no other movements that were made. But today, just before noon, for some reason, it was as though he had suddenly been possessed. He suddenly sat up from his throne and grabbed a hold of this servant’s hand. He said, Xiao Yuan, quickly go and cancel that imperial decree and have the Board of Punishments let him go! We cannot kill Our son. We cannot let old eighth just die like this. He is Our son!” He copied the Emperor’s actions and mannerisms. “At that time, this servant was dazed from what had been said. When had there ever been someone freed at a time like this? His Majesty’s feelings for the eighth prince had also never been this profound! But His Majesty’s actions… were just as this servant had described. It was as though he had become possessed, as he strangled this servant while telling me to cancel the imperial decree. There was nothing that this servant could do. An imperial order could not be ignored. It was because of this that today’s events occurred.”

“Saying it like this, this decision was made suddenly?” Feng Yuheng was able to notice something, “And you said that before making this decree, it looked like he was possessed, which is to say that he was not fully awake. At the very least, his state of mind was not the same as it usually is?”

Zhang Yuan nodded: “That’s what I meant. To say something very inauspicious, when this servant heard these words, I was wondering, had His Majesty gone insane? Or had he been startled by a dream? This is not his usual style of doing things!”

Indeed, the Emperor was usually aloof and clear in his actions. Even if he was a bit hesitant to act when it concerned his sons fighting for the throne and hurting each other, it would not be to the point of doing something like this. “Things might not be exactly like that. It might not be as simple as Father Emperor having fallen ill. There is definitely some other trick at play.”

Zhang Yuan’s brow was soaked with sweat from anxiety, “Princess, regardless of whether or not there is a trick, this servant is just a lowly eunuch and cannot understand too well. This servant just wants to know, nothing will happen to His Majesty, right?” He had been with the Emperor since a young age. Although there was still the old eunuch from the Yu Palace, they were master and disciple. At that time, the old eunuch was taking care of him. Zhang Yuan was not afraid of anything. The one thing that he was afraid of in this life was that something might happen to the Emperor. If this old emperor passed away, how should he live? Upon thinking of this, he began to cry.

Xuan Tiange angrily kicked him: “What are you crying for? If there’s a problem, just solve it. What’s the point of crying?” After saying this, she looked toward Feng Yuheng, “A-Heng, what do you think of this matter?”

Feng Yuheng shook her head, “I don’t know. I still don’t know at this moment. Everything will need to wait until I have seen Father Emperor in the palace to say. It’s just that I fear that things are not so simple. The eighth prince did not die facing this great trial. Once he regains power, I fear that it would be bad for us.”

“I really am worried about Imperial Uncle’s illness.” Xuan Tiange was also anxiously rubbing her heads and repeatedly muttered: “Heavens’ blessings, you must let Imperial Uncle live on healthily. Absolutely nothing must go wrong!”

Feng Yuheng slightly closed her eyes, as a bad premonition quickly arrived…

----
What is going on?

Not my Story Nor did I translate it.