Nobody could answer her question because nobody understood. Nobody could figure it out. Xuan Tiange also stood at the window for a long time and could only manage to say: “A-Heng, your premonition was really accurate!”

Fung Tianyu’s thoughts were a bit more detailed, tugging at Feng Yuheng’s clothes and quietly saying: “A-Heng, look, isn’t Zhang Yuan looking for someone? Whom is he looking for?”

Everyone looked over. Sure enough, they saw Zhang Yuan looking all around. It looked like he was searching for someone. As for Xu Jingyuan, he had already accepted the imperial decree’s orders and brought the eighth prince back to the criminal transport, slowly heading in the direction of the Imperial Palace.

All of the citizens who had come to observe were very emotional. Most of them were poor people who had come from the northern part of the city. All of them had come while holding in some feelings of wanting to see the eighth prince die to console the souls of the deceased. Just as they were about to see it happen, they never thought that an imperial decree would appear just as he was about to depart for the underworld. The people really wanted to ask Zhang Yuan what was going on. Although Zhang Yuan was a type of person with a low ranking, he had a direct connection to the Emperor. Those who wished to ask directly had some reservations. With nobody leading the way, nobody dared to ask.

Some went and followed the criminal transport and wanted to know what the final outcome would be. Gradually, the execution site began to empty out. This quickly left just Zhang Yuan and the officers tasked with cleaning up the execution. Zhang Yuan continued to look around. When he finally looked up and met Feng Yuheng’s gaze, he stomped his foot and waved to Feng Yuheng, gesturing for them to come down.

Feng Yuheng led her sisters and left the teahouse. Zhang Yuan quickly met with them and looked at the citizens looking on. Only then did he lean closer and lower his voice, saying: “Princess, I fear that something has happened in the palace.”

“Something has happened?” Feng Yuheng was shocked and was a little unable to understand what these words meant, “What could possibly happen in the palace?” The eighth prince had been locked up the entire time. Could it be that there were still some scattered members of his faction who could threaten the Emperor? That was impossible! Xuan Tianming and Xuan Tianhua had already made thorough preparations. No suspicious people would be able to get into the Imperial Palace, and it was impossible for any of the eighth prince’s faction to still remain in the palace. Of course, this excluded his birth mother, Talented Lady Liu, but she was a lowly talented lady. What could she do?

Zhang Yuan’s expression was filled with anxiety, as he said to Feng Yuheng: “Just now, there were many people here, and this servant did not dare say too much to Lord Xu. In truth, His Majesty has been ill since last night, and he fell ill quite suddenly. Zhao He Hall called for an imperial physician, but they could not figure anything out. They just said that His Majesty’s heart had been filled with anxiety and that he needed to rest. They analyzed it and said that it was because of the eighth prince that His Majesty got angry, but there was nothing that they could do. They cannot treat emotional wounds. They could only prescribe some medicine to relieve the symptoms; however, this servant feels that things are not so simple…”

With him saying this, Feng Yuheng waved her hand to stop him. She then turned to say to Xuan Tiange: “I am going into the Imperial Palace right now. Will you be coming?”

“I will!” Xuan Tiange said, “Since Imperial Uncle is ill, I must go into the palace to see him.”

She made her stance clear, thus Fung Tianyu and Ren Xifeng immediately expressed that they would go home first to tell their fathers. For something like this, as a general and as a prime minister, they could not be left in the dark.