Psalm 119:68

Psalm 119:68
NKJV
68 You are good, and do good;
Teach me Your statutes.

The Psalmist here recognised God's character. God is good.

We need to recognise God's holiness, perfection and goodness. God cannot sin, He cannot lie. God is faithful and His without blemish. There is no spot or wrinkle.

God also does good. Everything God does comes from a place of love and holiness. God never acts behaves and reacts from a place of sin. God doesn't respond from a place of sin or make decisions from a place of sin. Everything God does is out of love. Even when God permits things, it's never to harm us.

Jeremiah 29:11
ESV
11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare[a] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Romans 8:28
ESV
28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Knowing God does good and He is good, we can ask Him to teach us how to be good. We have the Holy Spirit as our Helper to help us each day to become more and more like God. We grow to become good, think good and behave well.

I want your prayer today to be "Lord, you're good so teach me how to be like you. Teach me how to love like you. Teach me how to forgive like you. Teach me how to help like you. Teach me how to care like you. Teach me how to be humble like you."

Continue asking the Holy Spirit to help you bear His fruits, to help you walk according to the Spirit as Galatians 5 tells us and help us to become more like Jesus. The Bible reveals to us the work being done in us (Philippians 1:6). We know that each day we are becoming more like Jesus.

May you're prayer be today "Lord, help me become more like you in my heart, mind and character"

-etty