Picnic gone wrong

He's alone in his office thinking about Ayse, as usual when Volkan walks in.

"Earth to Kerem. Where did you go bro?"

Kerem shakes his head, clearing his mind. "I was thinking that I should prepare a surprise for Ayse. She wants us to be a normal couple that goes on dates and all that jazz, but lately we keep failing to be alone."

"And did you think of something?" Volkan says basing his head on the palm of his hand, flashing a smile at Kerem.

"I did, but I need your help to make it work. I'll order what I need but you are going to be the one observing the entire thing ok?" Kerem ask and mimics his best friend's posture.

"Your wish, my command master."

"I need everything ready by tomorrow morning. Listen to what we will do." The kept conspiring until it was time to leave.

* * * * * *

The next morning Kerem wakes Ayse up and he pretends that they are going to the company. He's way more chipper than usual and she's getting a little suspicious but she lets it go. Only when they don't take their usual route to work she knows that he has something planned.

"Kerem." Her voice that mix of playfulness and seriousness. "Where are you taking me?"

"I'm kidnapping you for the day. No office, no other people. Only you and me. Now listen to your favorite radio producer until we reach our destination."

Not even an hour later he parks the car outside of a small park.

"That's the surprise?" She says like she's questioning his choices.

"Just keep walking, that's not our final stop."

The walk hand in hand through the park until they reach a forest and a river nearby. He steps behind her and closes her eyes with his hands.

"Kerem!"

"It's just for five minutes. Keep walking." He says and he smiles.

"I can hear you smiling. Tell me where we are going." She says and she keeps moving forward.

"Almost there. Open your eyes." He says letting go.

"Wow. That's..."

"I remembered when you organized a picnic in our room so I thought to plan a real one outdoors. And since it's winter we have the extra setting to keep us warm and fuzzy." He says showing around the tent with the door, the heater inside, the picnic basket that awaits them.