Chapter 21

I watched as Rio seemed to freeze before he went into pure rage. Kei stood up and braced for Rio's wrath. 

"Are you stupid?!" Rio screamed. "Why would you say that, Kieran?" He shoved Kei in anger.

"I'm sorry," Kei whined and looked at Rio. 

"Is it something you're ashamed of, Ronan?" Jake's voice echoed, making all movement stopped. I was biting on my lips, trying not to laugh. The grip on the bottom of my sweatshirt grew tighter as I tried harder not to laugh as I watched Rio's face contort into shock.

"That Jake takes it in the a** from an eighteen-year-old at age twenty-five?" I whispered so quietly that I thought no one could hear. The entire kitchen burst out into laughter at the statement, and I lost it laughing. Rio, Jake, and Vincent were the three silent ones. Kenny was close to falling from laughter. Chance couldn't even pick his head up. Pops was covering his mouth as he held the counter for balance. Kei was on the floor laughing. 

"That's not funny," Rio said looking up at me with a red face, trying not to laugh.

"It totally is," Kenny laughed and sighed. Rio finally let out a giggle before turning to see an angry Jake. He stopped and ran behind me. 

"She said it, not me!" He pushed me forward as an offering. 

"But you giggled!" Jake snapped, making Rio whine, but then he started to giggle even more when he saw Kenny and Chance stare at Jake in awe. 

"But you didn't deny it," I tried to keep in a laugh but I failed. Jake's face was a deep shade of red as he was sending me daggers. I watched Jake let his hands fall to his sides and send me a look that I've only seen Vincent give me. My breath caught in the back of my throat as I was frozen in place. I finally heard Vincent, he huffed as if he was amused by my reaction. Jake rose an eyebrow at me, him finally understanding. "He bottoms too, so don't feel bad about yourself, Jake." Tumbled from my mouth, everyone but Vincent and Jake erupted in laughter. 

"You're making it worse for yourself, kid." Jake growled. "You're going to get an a**whooping." I scoffed at him.

"Why would I? I demolished you all. You all also failed at ensuring Pops' safety when you all knew it was dangerous to leave him open for an attack. That's all on you people." Vincent's angry voice made me wince.

"That's the third time you have said, you people, Akira." He growled at me. "You are so ignorant that it is infuriating." He panted. "We didn't know where you three had disappeared to for almost a whole f***ing week, do you know how worried I was? Then, you three show up to an undisclosed location only to make a mockery of everyone in the room, including myself. Do you understand what the ramifications are? Are you even competent enough to understand what happens now?" I looked at him incredulously.