Chapter 13

I hadn't realized how angry I was.

"Akira you're going to get a-," I heard a familiar voice express concern but stop. The moment I felt blood drip from my nose, I knew I needed to calm myself down. I didn't know where anything in Chance's house was, so I was slightly terrified. He had nice carpets and I didn't want to have a bloody nose all over them. I heard quick movements, then someone pressed a paper towel to my nose, holding it there. When I saw who it was, I spoke.

"Bathroom," My voice was calm but firm. I took the paper towel from Chance and followed him to the bathroom. I went inside and closed the door. I managed to stop the nose bleed after a few minutes but ended up calming myself before leaving the bathroom for another twenty. I always get nosebleeds when I get really worked up. It's nothing serious; it's just how it's always been. I always spike a fever when I get furious, and usually, nosebleeds follow. My dad said it's because my system is overall weak against things like viruses and stress. I get nosebleeds when it's dry, or when I'm stressed. I'm overall a mess.

When I returned to the living room, I saw that people had cleared out. The usual crew was left, seemingly waiting for me. Rio and Kei were going in on Chance and Kenny, chastising them like they always do to Rio and Kei.

"You already knew how she felt, you idiot." Kei snapped angrily. He's not one to ever get angry, only upset. It's terrifying to see a cold and murderous look in his eyes. "You know she still cares about you; you're just an a**hole who only thinks of himself. Even when we were kids, she always made sure to have things prepared for you when you got home. She prioritized you and your happiness over basic needs, Chance." Kenny went to stop Kei, but the attention shifted to him. "And you," Kei growled. "You were the first person outside of us that she trusted enough to talk. You were the first person who made her smile outside of us three. You were the first person she wanted to know and wanted in her space. And what do you do?" He was shaking. "You break her trust and keep your relationship with her brother a secret. You yell at her as if you're her parent when in reality, she's the one who has been parenting us three all along. Just because you have a relationship with someone does not mean you have power over someone else, especially her. You have no rights to her, but you have an obligation to defend her against anyone else, including herself!"

I watched Rio stand up and try to push Kei back so he didn't end up hitting them. I froze in place when I saw Kei look to the Devil in absolute rage. I've never seen Kei like this; he's always so docile and calm. Even when he's upset, he doesn't show it to anyone else. It hurt to see him so angry, especially for me.

"And you," He trembled in anger, Rio was starting to have a hard time keeping him back. "Don't play with her emotions anymore. She is a precious person. She has had a lot of traumatic things happen to her, and yet she's still so strong. You don't get to play with her heart. You don't get to hurt her in any way, not in the ways she's already hurting because of you. You're an idiot if you think she hates you. She willingly touched you, she let you near her, she let you tell her what to do. It took years for her to even let us near her, let alone for her to talk to us, or even letting us touch her. It took us years, but it took you months." He and the Devil were looking so seriously at each other. "I don't care what life you live, what you people are a part of," He pointed at the Devil. "She is not a second option; she is your priority. She is not damaged; she is resilient. She is not timid; she is cautious. She is not a child, and never had that option! You do not get to sit there and think you are better than her in any way! You do not get to sit there and make her doubt herself or her capabilities. You don't get to play with her heart or her mind!" He seemed to be escalating. "She is a godsend, and you will treat her as such. She is my best friend, the only person who was able to help me in ways that I couldn't help myself, despite her past. She is most precious to me, and she will remain as such. She is a beautiful human being, the most perfect that walks the earth, and you do not get to tarnish her like you are doing."