Chapter 5

I heard the door to my house open, making me panic slightly. I heard a few voices, quietly talking to each other. Eventually, I quietly walked down the hallway from the bathroom to see who was here. 

"We got the footage," It was Chance's voice. "She did really well in the situation those a**holes created. She was there to deliver an order for Pops, and they came in. She didn't seem to want to leave until she knew the woman was safe."

"Typical Akira." It was Rio's voice. "I'm just glad she didn't get hurt, but I would have liked to take their hands for touching her." He growled out. Grunts of agreement sounded. I was hiding behind the doorway to the entrance, looking at who was here. They all looked so exhausted, they were sitting around the living room, and on the steps into the living from the entrance. I saw Kenny, he had a few scratches on his face, and his hands were bruised. I quietly grabbed the small first aid kit in my room, and I quietly entered the area, earning attention. Kenny looked up at me, then saw I had the first aid kit and smiled. He let me do my thing without saying a word. I ignored the conversations being had around me. 

"You can definitely hit someone, so I'm not worried about you holding your own." Kenny's voice was very quiet. "However, we don't want you to have to defend yourself or others. I'll deny it, but I was actually kinda worried about you. I think you figured out that we were on call. Pops called your brother first, and we were sent to get you. Pops was worried because he said you never take more than ten minutes per delivery, regardless of how many blocks it is. So, after twenty minutes passed, he was worried." I put a bandaid on his cheek for the small cut. 

"She was scared, even though she tried to get me to leave." My voice was almost inaudible. "I would have felt guilty if she got hurt, and I had left her there. She's a regular, and she's always very kind to me. When they spoke, I felt disgusting, and that's why I didn't leave. They were not nice people, and I didn't want her to be alone and have to face them."

"Is that why your skin is so red?" He catches on too quickly. "You scrubbed too harshly." He pointed to my arms and neck, making me pull the sleeves on my sweatshirt down in response to his observation. "Even though you're very timid and scare easily, you have an ability to be strong for others when faced with danger. It's a trait that I've never seen before." I felt the heat flush to my face. When I looked up at him, he was watching me with honest eyes. He smiled gently when I gave him a soft smile. I patted his head; his blonde hair was oddly soft and well-kempt.

"Thank you, Kenny," I said quietly before standing up. 

"Kenny?" One of the guys said in shock. "Doesn't he beat people who call him that? He hates that name." He gave me special permission to call him a name he hates. 

"He hates being touched." Another whispered. He is a really good guy if he's letting me do things and call him a name he hates. He's very honest.

 After I cleaned up my mess and took care of the kit, I went to go to my room when my brother stopped me.