Chapter 4

Kei and Rio walked me home today, too. The three of us were planning to spend the weekend together, as usual. We didn't have classes today because school canceled, so it's another long weekend, I suppose. Hopefully, I don't have to have a re-run of a week ago. When I opened the door, I was met with many shoes. Why?!

"At least they remembered," Rio said, closing the door behind us. 

"Showering," I muttered and made my way to shower. I tried to take as long as I could, hoping they'd all be gone. When I emerged from the shower, my wish wasn't granted. When I entered the living room, the scary guy I ran into twice was there on the couch.

"I made them take their shoes off, so you didn't have to clean." He smiled at me gently. "Also, sorry for running into you earlier, again, I should have paid attention. But-" He pointed excitedly at me. "I made sure you didn't fall." My face broke out into a smile because he reminds me of Rio. "Yeah, got a smile. I got a smile!" He yelled to the kitchen. A gentle laugh came from me. "And a laugh? And a laugh!" Rio even snorted at him.

"You're an idiot," Rio said, shaking his head.

"You do the same thing though, idiot," Kei said calmly, earning a wrestling match for the two. 

"We all washed our hands too, boy scouts honor," He said, looking at me. "I watched them all do it." I bowed to him slightly.

"Thank you, sir." He nodded at me and smiled at the boy's wrestling. He started to officiate the match, making me smile. He's not bad; he passes the vibe check. The others, however, do not. Shaking my head, I entered the kitchen, immediately regretting it. The man from before made eye contact with me, forcing me to look at the floor. I felt my heart rate pick up, and I could feel the heat in my body rising to my cheeks. "I thought I said no." I looked at Chance, who panicked slightly. "I appreciate that you tried to accommodate, but I would also like to mention that I politely said last time not to come back to my house." I couldn't look at anyone else. Maybe I'm trying to get a reaction to gauge how scary this guy is.

"Does she not understand who he is?" Some guy spoke in confusion. "Did you not brief her after?"

"Akira, please not right now, okay?" Chance said quietly as if he was exhausted. For some reason, I felt daring today. Maybe because I've been contemplating for a week what this all is. 

"Hey, let's go in the living room," The scary guy who officiated said from next to me. 

"No, thank you, sir." I turned back to my brother, who was looking at me oddly. "You had all day to get them to leave, you failed." He shook his head at me.