"I hate you," she whined when I finally put her on her feet as she punched my chest. I smiled happily as she continued to grin at me. Slowly, I put my hands on her waist and pulled her into me.

"I've missed this," I whispered into her hair which I had buried my face into.

"Me too," she mumbled her lips moving against my chest. I pulled back slightly only to rest my forehead on hers.

*---*

The rest of the week had passed unbelievably quickly as it had been spent preparing for France. To say I was excited was an understatement. I couldn't wait to spend four days lying on the beach next to Amy, and seeing her in a bikini wouldn't be awful either.

"Hello!" I chirped as I walked into my parents' house.

"Upstairs!" My mum called so I followed the sound her voice to my bedroom where she was busy folding my close - yes my mum still did my washing.

"Hi mum," I smiled as I pulled her into a quick hug before stepping back and asking where dad was.

"He is at the shops, but don't worry he will be back before you go," she responded as she placed another t-shirt onto the neatly folded pile on my bed.

"I need to pack," I stated as I flopped back onto my bed, being careful to avoid the clothes.

My mum helped me pack and by the time we had finished my dad had returned. We ate lunch together before Amy arrived and we left for the airport. It was weird saying goodbye to my parents at their house without a single tear. I was so used to my leaving being a big ordeal so it felt strange to be going away and knowing that I would be safe away as well.

I sighed happily as I took Amy's hand in mind and led her through the airport. I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face as we walked through security together, usually I would have had to had said goodbye to my family and friends by now.

"Happy?" Amy smirked obviously noticing my expression.

"Very," I grinned as my hand cupped her face and I placed a quick peck on her lips.

"You really are cheesy," she commented whilst laughing to herself as she pulled me towards the departures lounge.

"Only around you," I countered as I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and pulled her body to mine. I loved the feeling of her body against mine and I would never get tired of it. It was like whenever she wasn't around I missed her. It was impossible to not think of her. Even when she was with me she was on my mind. She was constantly on my mind.

We waited about half an hour before we were able to board the plane. I hadn't been on a commercial plane in years - before I signed up for the army.

After the short journey we touched down in France and before we knew it Amy and I were walked off the plane and through the crowded terminal. Excitement flooded my body as we walked through the automatic doors and were greeted by the heat of the sun.

We took a quick taxi ride to our hotel where we dropped our bags and changed before heading to the beach, which was only a five minute walk from our hotel.

As soon as we reached the beach and spread out our towels I wrapped my arms around Amy before pulling her over my should - much like I had the week before in the kitchen - and started running towards the clear blue sea that was lapping the beach.

"Jonah!" Amy squealed as she slapped my back. I just chuckled as I continued to sprint towards the water, planning on chucking her in. "Please don't!" She continued to beg however she stopped slapping my back, but I just ignored her. As soon as the water touched my feet I stopped running, still chuckling from deep within my chest.  "Jonah," Amy whined as she clung on to my t-shirt.